Hardest thing you've evr done in a testing.

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by Silentmonk, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Silentmonk

Silentmonk The Blue Donkster!!

What are the hardest things you've ever been made to do in a testing. Or if you are a school owner/instructor what are your favourite things to make people do to test their willpower. Or is it just our school that are B@@tards!!! :D

2. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

the one that sticks in my mind was my final test for black belt. staff spin no's 6 and 7 (everyones favorite) :D

there were 35 in our group and we all had to count to 10, one after the other. so 350 spins each and if anyone dropped then we'd start again. that was with kjn darren hart.

:)

3. Silentmonk

Hehe and davefly confirms where everyone in our class gets our sadistic streak from. Big D gotta love the man. :D

Last edited: Jan 13, 2006
  4. Silentmonk

One of my favourites is to make evryone do 10 push ups with me. Most people tend to think thats quite tough. :)

5. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

KJN B. Harmon had us all do the kneeling rolling backfist from cho geup hyung stand up pivot 180 degrees and do it the other side. That would be a 1 count and had us do it 50 times. So basically 100 kneeling rolling backfists. That was of course in a room packed full of JKN's and DBN's making it extremely hot and humid. That was pretty rough.

6. Grippereeno

Grippereeno New Member

Things that stick in my mind from my testin are insane kickin drills mixed mith push ups, sit up's and ankle push ups in between. Forms four directions with the same drills mixed in. I once had to do Ki cho ontop of a few step aerobics platforms. As well as a four hour test in a local park where on one day it both lashed down with rain then belted out sunshine. I remeber doin kickin drills in the pourin rain with KJN just walking up and down in his doh bohk countin out while we were all gettin soaked. also my black belt test was pretty hard. KJN has a sayin 'Kill them first then test there ghost'

7. Silentmonk

HAHA i like that one, be a change from the pivot squats oh by the way in case it hadn't become obvious this is really a share how to torture students in test thread. :D

8. Silentmonk

And Gripp he certainly tested my ghost last october. Thank him for that will you. :)

9. AirNick

AirNick Valued Member

That is brilliant!

10. Gi Ma Ja Se

Gi Ma Ja Se 90 degrees is 4 real MA's

yeah i love that one.... kill em first the test there ghost.... ha ha ha!!!

ermmmm i can remember some right crazy tests, i come from the days when water breaks were like winning the lottery.

11. MALibrarian

MALibrarian Valued Member

100 jumping back leg front kicks as the last part of a test. Not very much fun, but it was amazing to me (after) that I could do it.

(Please pardon the intrusion. No, I'm not a KSW-er, but I think this thread is very cool and wanted to contribute.)

12. Silentmonk

everyones welcome here :)

13. KSW_123

KSW_123 Valued Member

It is pretty common for us to have to do our latest form 100 times. That is bad enough, but once we added all techniques with falling and finishes as well every kick you know 10 times on each side, peppered with a few choice pleasent exercises like holding yourself in plank for 5 minutes. I guess master Suh wanted to kill the california team that day.

14. JKN-Taylor

JKN-Taylor New Member

I think 1000 kicks is/used to be, my worst nightmare (and I'm forcing myself to do it now XD)

• all 7 basic kicks, 10 times each leg
    • all 7 basic kicks, 10 times each leg without putting your foot down
    • all 7 basic kicks (chest lvl then head lvl), 10 times each leg without putting your foot down
    • all 7 basic kicks (waist lvl then chest lvl then head lvl), 10 times each leg without putting your foot down
    • then you start with spin kicks... ; ;

15. KSW_KJN

KSW_KJN Valued Member

Testing for KJN wasn't exactly pleasant. It was an 8+ hour test covering every empty hand and weapon form, every technique, every kick, every punch, every block, etc. Then I had to demo. I think I changed doboks three times during the testing. :)

16. Silentmonk

I change mine twice every class lol only kidding sir i'll start the push ups now :D

17. KSW_KJN

KSW_KJN Valued Member

Pushups?! No, no, no. Methinks it shall be burpees. 50 to start. :) Becoming quite fond of them.

18. Silentmonk

Sir i do burpees for breakfast add a zero :)

19. KSW_KJN

KSW_KJN Valued Member

LOL. One Million Burpees! (said in my best Austin Powers accent)

20. Silentmonk

YES SIR 1........2........3...........4........5........6......