Hardest Man ever

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by NaughtyKnight, Jan 21, 2005.

1. madfrank

madfrank Valued Member

;

Roy is a very hard man but a middleweight so the fact he won one fight against lenny may make him tougher
    Ppl i know who know him say he is a very scary man

MF

2. madfrank

madfrank Valued Member

;

i've met Frank a number of times
    He is very tiny so would have difficulty against someone lennys size in a fight but the comebacks would not be worth it i feel

MF

3. madfrank

madfrank Valued Member

Yep Gary Spiers was realt tough

MF

4. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

PAUL SHAW would be a good contender if Lenny was in it as Paul did beat Lenny and so they are one a piece.

Interested to see how Lenny would fair against top MMA people?

5. madfrank

madfrank Valued Member

ITY is not wise to glamourise villains or so caled hard men but as martial artists we could learn something from them abour the nature of violence and real fights and the people likely to attack us in the streets.
    As to who is the hardest I once asked Mad Frank who was the hardest man he ever met.
    he said there were too many to say who was toughest.

I think thats it it could be Lenny, Gary, roy or Frank but who knows there are so many hard men?

MF

6. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Valued Member

Maybe you're right but I wouldn't bet against anyone who could punch as hard as Tyson very obviously can. I think Oliver McCall would have had an even better chance though.

7. oldshadow

oldshadow Valued Member

I’m not sure how he would rate against the guys form the UK here as I am not familiar with them. One person I think belongs in this group is Tex Cobb. He was a mean fighter in the street or the ring. He could take an amazing amount of punishment. He had a mean right hand and from all reports was a good kicker especially with the low kicks. There are some stories about some of the fights he had as a bouncer that are impressive.

8. Black Thistle

Black Thistle New Member

The thing is, what would somebody like to have written on their gravestones or in memory of them? here lies so and so, he was?.....he was?.....he was well hard??? it's a flimsy contribution to humanity and the world is better of without such people. These guys have major issues that need addressing. I'd think them a lot tougher if they addressed them instead of taking it out on folk’s heads. Ruling with fear actually means they are weak and think they can earn respect by hammering people. I have to laugh when you hear the repeated tale of how so and so never harmed anybody that wasn’t in the business type thing, whatever.

Bas Rutten would wipe any of them out in under 1 min.

9. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

10. madfrank

madfrank Valued Member

Hi

hi

I like judo gene and he is a tough wrestler but ive read his auto biography and have never heard of any streetf ights hes been in

MF

11. Nick K

Nick K Sometimes a Valued Member

Isn't he the only man still living who taught Bruce Lee? I think they met on the set of the Green Hornet and he taught Bruce Lee some wrestling moves.

12. d33pthought

d33pthought New Member

I'd say Alexander the Great at the battle of Tyre. He had to take this island fortress, but didn't have a boat. So he built a pontoon bridge twice because the first one burned. When the second one got there, he charged the breach by himself and killed a few dozen guys single-handedly in the process before taking an arrow in the chest. Not only that, but he stood out like a KISS fanatic at a board meeting while doing it, what with his royal insignia and all: yelling "Yo Phoenicians! I'm the King of the Macedonians and I'm coming to kick ya'lls butts!" from the head of the causeway would be about how conspicuous he was.

13. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

leonidas, enough said. He is the only general with enough balls to fight in the front with his men. Not sitting drinking tea 1000 miles away.

14. Doppleganger

Not true. There's been quite a few Generals in history that marched at the front with their men. Subodai who was probably the greatest Mongol general in history for one. Heinz Guderian the father of the panzerwaffen and architect of Blitzkrieg for another.

15. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

yea, I'd go with Gene LeBell.

16. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

I think you'll find Wally Jay is still alive and kicking, unless I am mistaken.

Wally used to train Bruce privately and before his lessons Bruce used to play basketball with his son Leon.

Regards

Pat

17. Pat OMalley

Although I would not put him up there with the hard men, Frank Bruno was recorded as having a punch that measured like a 14 lb sledge hammer hitting you at 40 miles an hour:eek:

Would'nt like to be on the recieving end of that one, Tyson found that out too and if Bruno had had the sense to follow through he may well have won the fight.

Regards

Pat

18. Pat OMalley

Here's a little one for you that crossed my path a while back, Judo Gene has his own stunt/fight co-ordination company the works in Hollywood, on the set of a Steven Segal film a lot of his group were complaining that Segal was hitting the full power and causing damage to some of the crew.

So Judo Gene one day turned up on set and asked Segal to take it easy with his crew, aparently a few words were exchanged and with that Judo Gene pounds on Segal, placed a sleeper hold on him, let him come back round, done it again and he came round again and Judo Gene politely asked Segal to take it easy, Aparently he took it easy after that. Wise man me thinks;)

regards

Pat

19. Doppleganger

Bruno was one of the hardest punchers in boxing history. He hurt Tyson in Round 1 of their first fight as you said, he had Lewis going in their fight and he managed to stun Oliver McCall in the first couple of rounds in their fight.

If Bruno had the mental toughness to go along with his phsyical strength and power he would have been a much better fighter than he was. Like you said though he was never what you'd call a 'hard man'.

20. Nick K

Nick K Sometimes a Valued Member

Thank you!