Hardest Man ever

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by NaughtyKnight, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

William Shatner. I'd fight William Shatner.

2. old timer

old timer Just well worn !

You know that he is a black belt in Kenpo.

3. MarioBro

MarioBro Banned Banned

I think the only reason most of these 'tough guys' seem so tough is that they:

a) Lack brains to know that they should not start fights
    b) Lack fear due to lack of brains
    c) Lack any normal twinge of human compassion thus allowing them to fully unload on their opponents
    d) Drink alot which reduces brain cells (not to mention punches to the head) and thus starts the cyclical flow back to a).

If they have cauliflower ears and a crooked nose...don't start anything with them I say!

4. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

There was this guy in Australia that overturned his forklift (think it was a forklift) on top of himself, traping his arm. The only thing he had on him was a blunt flip knife. After a few hours he knew the only way that he could excape was to cut his own arm off. So he did. With a blunt knife.

Now that is a hard man.

I think there is a simular story in the US.

5. oldshadow

oldshadow Valued Member

Yes there was a guy pined by his arm when a rock fell on it. It crushed his lower arm and to get out he cut his arm off at the elbow. There was also a farmer who was caught in a machine and did the same thing.
    One guy you might put in this group is a hunter that was attacked by a grizzly bear when cleaning an elk he had shot. It was on him so fast he could not get to his gun. He fought it with a “Buck” folding knife. He stabbed and cut it until it collapsed from the loss of blood. He then crawled to his gun and finished it off. From the article he had some mighty impressive scars to show off along with the story. :eek:

6. MattN

MattN Valued Member

He broke the bones first because he knew he wouldn't be able to cut through them with his cheap knife. Then he walked for several hours to find some Dutch family that helped him out and gave him food and water. The wife and son waved down a helicopter for him. After his helicopter ride he walked himself into the ER.

I prolly would have died....

7. NaughtyKnight

The Australian guy hacked through the bone and walked back up the mine looking for help. It turned out that if he had just waited another 20mins help would of arrived and maybe would of been able to save his hand.

I would of def just died.

8. MattN

MattN Valued Member

The whole idea of cutting off my arm probably wouldn't even occur to me, I'd be thinking more along the lines of this is rreeeeeeeeeeeeally heavy. After a day or 2 I'd be thinking up the most painless way to kill myself.
    When I'm old enough, I'll be sure to get a safe job, or at least a job where if I get injured, I either heal or I die. I dunno if i could deal with missing a hand or an arm or a leg

9. NaughtyKnight

Yeh you have to be hard as nails to be able to cut off your own arm.

10. Knight_Errant

I'd fight Ghandi :cool:

11. Funky Phantom

Funky Phantom Valued Member

I'm not proud of it at all, but it happens and it's real. I'd rather it were a safer place than it is too, but in reality it's not and there are a lot of nasty people out there, no fewer than in other countries.

Also, claiming Ghandi and Mandela are the 'hardest men in the world' is flatly wrong, as this topic is nothing to do with internal or mental strength. Mental toughness is valued, but that's not what this topic is asking.

12. MattN

MattN Valued Member

Great movie

I dont think anyone got the "Shatner. I'd fight William Shatner" either

13. Knight_Errant

The book is even better.

14. Noontidal

Noontidal Popeye

Popeye the sailor man had nearly his entire body disolved by an evil death ray before making his come-back and beating the nonsense out of the aliens, if that doesn't qualify a guy for a place on the top 10 hardest men ever, I daresay nothing does.

15. MattN

MattN Valued Member

AND don't forget about those forearms. He prolly deadlifted like 2000

16. NaughtyKnight

:eek: OHH i almost forgot. The guy from robocop. He got shot like a thousand times with shotguns, and then shot point blank in the head and survived.

17. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

Yeah but the problem would probably be getting him to let go of the sword in the first place, what with him being rather good with it and all.

Also I think he was pretty good unarmed as well, he thought of unarmed fighting as being the highest level of combat. Not sure whether or not he ever killed anyone with his bare hands though.

18. madfrank

madfrank Valued Member

Hi

Hi

Yes I have heard of Bartley gorman seen him fighting n training on a programme once
    I would bet on lenny though
    Just my opinion.

MF

19. madfrank

madfrank Valued Member

?

Yes but Tyson hasnt done well in fights out of the ring.

He broke his hand against mitch green and only blacked mitch's eye and only bruised and cut a pensioner.

and hes been crap in the ring the last 15 years he was only good for a couple
    lenny would have eaten him IMNSVHO

MF

20. madfrank

madfrank Valued Member

?

I gues yer joking but mr t was the us bare knuckle champion who refused to fight lenny
    so t was tough but not as tough as lenny
    respect

MF