Hardest Man ever

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by NaughtyKnight, Jan 21, 2005.

1. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Hi guys,
    Who do you think the hardest man ever is. I dont even know why Im asking, its obvious its Lenny McLean aka "the guvnor".

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2005
  2. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

I think it was mr lifto from the Jim Rose circus, he also lifted.

[​IMG] things wiith his tadger.

3. NaughtyKnight

4. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Charles Bronson would be a good contender..

www.bronsonmania.com

But I think I would have to go for Yang Lu Chan 500+ victories, and imperial recognition in ancient China. Hence Yang 'The Invincible'.

then again Genghis Khan was probably somewhat hardcore too, in some sense.

5. madfrank

madfrank Valued Member

Lenny

Well Lenny was the world heavyweight bare knuckle champion

the Us champion backed out of the fight

Lennay also went to the statess to fight the Mafias top guy and battered him

He'd have been pretty hard to beat I think.

I've seen films of him fighting a scary dude.

Please dont compare any MA's to him.

I have friends who knew Lenny very well.

Some liked him some didnt but no one would cross him.

take care

steven

6. NaughtyKnight

Lenny 'The Guv'nor' McLean was the deadliest bare-knuckle fighter in Britain. He had dear, powerful friends, but he also had vicious enemies. So much so that he was shot twice in the back - each from a different attack.

7. Nick K

Nick K Sometimes a Valued Member

How about some of those old bare knuckle boxers - 40 round fights, fighting on with skull and finger fractures, etc (see 'Boxing's Strangest Tales). I'd thought Mr Bronson would have found his metier there.

8. zanflad

zanflad Banned Banned

i dont think we will ever know, but someone like Genghis Kahn would have been pretty hard.

9. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Lenny was tough, no doubt about it. In the ring he wasn't up to much, but on the cobbles he was absolutely fearsome

That said Dave Courtney, who knew Lenny, reckoned that Ian Freeman would have handed him him bum on a plate. But then Dave Courtney is a pratt at the best of times. Lenny was in the Tank Abott mould - but better (probably). I certainly don't think he would have troubled many of the high levels mma'ers in a 1-on-1

Don't confuse a bare knuckle round with a boxing round. A round ended when a man was dropped. So you could have a round of 10 seconds or a round of 10 minutes. 40 is impressive, but no more so than Helio fighting Santana for three hours straight

10. old timer

old timer Just well worn !

There was a guy not far from from me called Bart Gorman and he was the undisputed king of the gipsies bare knuckle boxing champ, a real tough bloke, well respected and one hell of a reputation. When he died of cancer a couple of years back, gipsies from literally all over the world attended his funeral.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2005
  11. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Everyone knows....

Attached Files:

12. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Valued Member

Have you heard of Bartley Gorman, a bare knuckle Gypsy champion. Apparentley him and Lennie were rumoured to meet at one point but it all fell apart. Gorman claimed he would have had the beating of Lennie. Gorman was a tough guy but I'm not sure if he'd have beaten Lennie.

I think Mike Tyson would have made a very good bare knuckle fighter if he had been focused like he was in his prime. Tyson, is very strong, very tough and we all know how hard he punches.

13. UlTi

UlTi Valued Member

/offtopic

The thing about Tyson was that when he had gotten one punch in or knocked them a little out of balance, he would follow up and explode in an incredible rage of hard ass combinations.

Just expressing my opinions here, feel free to correct or flame me if you like :Angel:

Mvh. Markus

14. bburns1066

bburns1066 Valued Member

How about Roy Shaw he and Lenny had an number of scraps not sure who the victor was but I bet that was one bloody battle.

15. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

I pitty the foo that doesn't realise it's Mr T :D

16. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

For me it would be a toss up between Lenny and Mad Franky Frazer, would never have crossed either of them:eek:

17. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Valued Member

Another guy from the world of boxing who would be up there would be Oliver McCall. As a boxer he was good but not great. However the guy, nicknamed the Atomic Bull, was as tough as they come having never been knocked off his feet as an amatuer, professional, training or in the ring. In fact I've never seen the guy even stunned by a punch and he's been in with some big punchers including Tyson, Lewis and Bruno. And he can punch hard as well. A couple of years back he got arrested for cocaine abuse and it took 8 cops to subdue him. :D Once he learned street fighting tactics I'd put him in with *anyone*.

18. NaughtyKnight

I remember 1 fight where Lenny was punched in the back of the head. He used his elbows and knees and put the guy in hospital. Just showed how much of a baddass he was. God bless England, and they say we cant fight :Angel: .

19. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

Tong po :D

20. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

PL

Attached Files: