hardest kicks

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by F-1, Oct 3, 2004.

1. F-1

F-1 New Member

hello, can you please give me your opinoin of the hardest kick known to do?

2. booksie_girl

booksie_girl Lucy the Terrible

Hardest hitting or hardest to perform?

3. Spookey

Spookey Valued Member

Kicks...

Regarding the Kicks of TKD...

Hardest to preform - Two Direction Kick (scissor kick) from pattern Juche

Hardest Impact - Jump Spinning Back Kick

My personal opinion...cant wait for others!

TAEKWON!
    Spookey

4. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

you mean two front kicks?

5. inbuninbu

inbuninbu "Train hard, fight easy"

Hard, hard, hard!!!

I think I agree with Spooky when it comes to hardets hitting kick: jump spinning back kick's pretty damn painful if you recieve one in ur solar plexus! As for hardest to perform - I'm spoilt for choice. I still find simple spinning kick very difficult but anything aerial's hard too. :eek:

6. Glock 18

Glock 18 Bang

hardest to perform: Asian Long

hardest impact: Jumping Turning Side or Flying Side Kick

7. Spookey

Spookey Valued Member

Two Direction Kick...

To who it may concern,

The two direction kick (Chang Hon pattern Juche)...is not a double front snap kick. It is a a twisting kick and side kick combo!

Think "american split"...

TAEKWON!
    Spookey

8. Tittan

Tittan Valued Member

The regular side kick is normally hard enough to stop an attacker - no need to lift both feet off the ground or anything like that ;)

9. Rabid Wombat

Rabid Wombat Curry Eating Fiend

Hardest hitting, reverse side kick for Gups, flying side kick for Dans. Not singling anyone else out, but when you're not advanced enough to do a flying side kick well, it's not going to be powerful.

Hardest to perform, I wouldn't say scissor kick (even though I haven't learned Juche yet) but it's in one of our Red Belt one steps. I'd say 360 Hook. (If you find me to be ignorant, it'a probably because I'm only 3rd Gup).

10. Spookey

Spookey Valued Member

Dear Wombat

Dear Rabid,

Understanding that you are only a 3rd Gup, I ask this question in honest...

A second gup (Red belt) in your dojang is expected to preform a two direction simultaneous jumping kick?

Might I ask with whom you train (Dojang-Sabum)?

TAEKWON!
    Spookey

11. Rabid Wombat

Oh, whoa. Sorry, the only one I've seen is not a jump kick (They fall to the ground and scissor kick the legs).

12. Spookey

Spookey Valued Member

Rabid Wombat,

Dear Sir,

The scissor takedown is what I thought you were referring to!

The two direction kick (as preformed in Juche) is two simultaneous jumping kicks...Left foot twisting kick, right foot side peircing kick. they are preformed against two opponents standing at your 10 oclock and 2 oclock (kicks are chest or face high!)...

Very impressive! (and difficult) especially to break with!

TAEKWON!
    Spookey

13. Tittan

Tittan Valued Member

In Juche, doesn't this end up in a turning kick? That is - split-kick (as described) -- turning kick (to the "front") - land on your feet?
    I'm only a 1st Dan, and doesn't do Juche yet, but I think I can recall having seen my friends do this...

14. Spookey

Spookey Valued Member

Juche

Tittan,

In pattern Juche there are several technical kicking maneuvers...notable movements are a slow side kick + a 180 degree rotation into a reverse turning kick (slow movements w/o kicking foot touching the ground), the two direction kick (scissor kick) is followed by landing in a sitting stance with the palm heals together and the hands forming an upwards arch.

This is technically one of the hardest patters along with Moon-Moo hyung!

TAEKWON!
    Spookey

15. kcatcher

kcatcher Banned Banned

hardest?

Hitting? A Thai style roundkick. Within TKD... probably the jumping back kick, they push a lot.

But what about a jumping drop-knee to a fallen opponent? -(jump up in the air and land knee first onto them) :woo:

As for hardest to perform - an axe kick against a shooting in grappler. Try that one ;)

16. Zen TKD Warrior

Zen TKD Warrior New Member

You guys are kidding, right?

A kick that takes both of your feet off the ground? Hard hitting? Maybe in a Jackie Chan movie. Reverse side kicks? Again, movie stuff. Hard hitting? Don't think so. Only if your target stands still. Then again what do I know. And before you start - 2nd degree BB 5 years training.

Hardest kick - round kick or side kick - depending on your strength. I love low round kicks. Terrible at side kicks - as are most people. Too slow. With the round kick I can put more hip swing and power into the kick. Benn kicked both ways and hate both. Side kick is great for knocking the crap out of a person, but leave that leg out there too long and your on your back, screamin' for momma.

IMHO, of course.

17. Rabid Wombat

I agree with you on the jump kick thing, but for a reverse kick, you can build up more momentum. So maybe a Number 3 Sidekick? I see what you mean though. The hardest of the basic kicks to get really good is the side kick.

18. inbuninbu

inbuninbu "Train hard, fight easy"

Polite disagreement!

I agree that side kicks can be very powerful - strong enough to knockyou off your feet. But like you say they're v slow. However, I disagree that flying/jumping kicks are hard hitting. Of course they are, they are just not as risk-free as kicks that involve both feet staying on the floor. If you don't time them correctly then they can be a liability but, IMHO, if you get it right they can be utterly devastating. Reverse kick/back kick is very strong because of the momentum you build up and jumping reverse kick has even more impact you just have to make sure you're not intercepted by ur opponent or, yes, it all goes horribly wrong and u end up splated on the floor. :eek:

19. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

front trust/push kick and side thrust kick(jump in to it) :)

20. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

I am assuming that F-1 is referring to what we all think is the "most difficult" kick to perform, and if I have assumed correctly then I would have to say it is the kick that you haven't perfected yet.

Let me explain.
    As a beginner I thought the side kick was difficult, then the roundhouse, and then I had to learn to jump and kick, and to jump and spin 180 degrees and kick and then to jump/spin kick a full 360 degrees and then to do all that and add on to the kick from there and so on and so forth.
    There are different degrees of difficulty in kicks. Some students are naturals when it comes to jumping and have the ability to drive their knees up for the height need to do multiple aerokicks. This for me is the most difficult.

I would have to say the simplest most difficult kick for me (new slant on the thread) is the twin double front kick (which is a very cool breaking kick).... my body just doesn't physically want to perform this kick for some reason :D

Oh btw.... I do love the flying 2-direction kick in Juche... (better known as the scissor kick)... you do need a good running start (hence the "flying" ) and a good degree of flexibility ! ;)