Happy Birthday aaradia

Discussion in 'Celebrations!' started by belltoller, Jul 2, 2015.

1. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Made a new acquaintance today, I see - the 5- 's digit.

If'n you're like me, just ignore it and maybe it'll go away

2. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Mappy birfday buddy

3. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

Happy birthday!!!

4. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Happy birthday!!!

5. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Happy birthday aaradia :)

6. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Happy Birthday aaradia! Have a great day (and cake)! :)

[​IMG]

7. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

Happy birthday, aaradia!!

8. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Thanks everyone!

As for that last sentence. I embrace getting older, because it beats the other option.

I don't mean to get all serious on a happy birthday thread, but I want to share where my head is at. This birthday feels more significant than many. Partly because 50 is a milestone in and of itself.

But partly because my mother, whom I was close to, died of a brain tumor at the age of 49. I was 18. So I am thinking about her a lot the last couple of days. And I am grateful to be in relatively good health and alive and enjoying life at 50. :)

I have talked to others, and it seems to be a common thing. that those of us who lose a parent at a younger age feel like it is a big deal to pass that age. It makes no sense, I know, but it is a real feeling despite being irrational.

Going to see Jurassic World today. Then go in early to workout, because I have the day off work. I know, but there really is no place I would rather be that at my school working out. It is what I truly love to do.

Tomorrow, my sister and her family are taking me out to a 3 hour dinner harbor cruise. I am really looking forward to it.

9. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

50 not out!!!!

Happy birthday!!!

10. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Happy Birthday! :banana:

11. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Happy Birthday.

12. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Happy birthday, Youngblood! ;)

13. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Happy Birthday!!

14. ned

ned Valued Member

Happy birthday !

15. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

Happy birthday!

16. belltoller

Good point.

My mum felt the same way after she passed 74 which was the age that her mum died. It did have significant meaning for her as well. She often refer to how old she, herself, she'd become relative to her mother as the years passed.

Have some fun!

17. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

That is really interesting, because I thought it was because she died relatively young when I was a teen. But your mother doing so when her mom was older suggests that is not why.

I wonder why our parents mortality affects us like that?

Jurassic World was fun! I wanted to see dinosaurs running around and that is what I got. Some weaknesses for sure in the film, but I could look past that because the dinosaurs were neat!

Good classes and lesson tonight.

Still got the celebratory B-day dinner cruise tomorrow and the next three days off of work- so a 4 day weekend for me.

All is well. :) It was a good day!

18. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

Sorry I'm late to the party. :/ Mappy burfday! Zum geburtstag veil gluck! С днем рожденния! :D Remind me to spank you properly when our paths cross one day. ETA: [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4ogF8zxf5Y"](God Grant You Many Years) - YouTube[/ame] Normally a wedding song, but sometimes performed at birthdays and anniversaries. :)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  19. Guitar Nado

Guitar Nado Valued Member

Happy Birthday and many more to come!

20. belltoller

On some part of her emotional level, she was probably as young as you were, if that makes sense and as she aged, in particular when the dementia began taking over, that part of her began to overshadow everything else.

The strange thing being, at the time my granny died, my mother was ( or seemed on the surface ) to be very strong and independent - having shouldered on her own many ( far too many ) responsibilities, ran things remarkably well and one would've not thought it would've affected her in that way.

I suppose this emotionally-needy person had always existed underneath and just warn't allowed to surface until the heavy burdens of taking care of everything were lifted.

Anyroads, heavy - hearted stuff for a birthday post, innit? So lets lighten up and enjoy the big Five - Oh :)