Hapkido's Principles

Discussion in 'Hapkido' started by Marku, Jun 16, 2003.

1. Marku

Marku Banned Banned

Harmony Theory
    Water Theory
    Circle Theory

What do you think of these principles?

I like the water principle the best i think.

2. Jazman

Jazman New Member

circle.

3. Marku

Marku Banned Banned

Water principle talks about water itself, how it can always find a weakness and if it doesnt it will try go Around the thing blocking it. When it finds a weakness it really goes at it till it breaks through it completely.

4. ZaCO

ZaCO New Member

Sin Moo Hapkido has also 9 basic rules of its own. I love the water theory. I like to think it as streams of energies though.

5. jejanim

jejanim New Member

try understanding and combining all three theories and use them. each situation will call for a different technique. try not to limit yourselves by picking one and focusing on it..be open to them all.

jeja

6. Falling_link

Falling_link New Member

Just always wondered, is Rage considerd like a Fire principle? Sounds dumb sure, but think about whats common with Fire and Rage

7. Paratus

Paratus aka Mr. Rue

Well, the Hapkido I'm taught focuses more on circle and water, I don't know much about the harmony theory....could anyone elaborate?

8. waya

waya Valued Member

I don't think they can be seperated to stand alone. Personally I favor a combination of circular + linear approach, but really to be effective each has its place in techniques.

9. Chris from CT

Chris from CT Valued Member

Jeja has got it going on! :D

Every technique in Hapkido should contain each of the three principles to make them extremely efficient and powerful. To separate them would only make things more difficult for us. But it's not only limited to techniques. We try to apply the principle of Water, Circle and Harmony in everything we do in life; from how we take a solitary walk through the park to how we interact with others. As we all progress in and out of the dojang, we can see how each principle is hidden within everything we do.