Hapkido Online

Discussion in 'Hapkido' started by Instructor_Jon, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Instructor_Jon

Instructor_Jon Effectiveness First

MAP has a no free advertising policy. Please contact Aegis to discuss terms and conditions if you wish to advertise your site

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
  2. iron_ox

iron_ox Jungki Kwan Midwest

Hello Jon,

I am curious as you offer rank, and that is the reason I ask, but what is your Hapkido rank and through whom was it awarded? I didn't see that information listed on the site, unless I missed it. I only ask because you are offering rank, and I am curious what your students are getting in terms of recognition.

3. Instructor_Jon

I am but a lowly first dan. I earned this rank in 1993. I am currently working on second dan. My instructor is Timothy Feathers of Dunamis Tao Hapkido which is affiliated with the Tactical Hapkido Alliance.

I have my instructors permission to train, test, and promote up to 1st gup. For Black Belt testing students will be reviewed by me, my instructor, and possibly his black belt sons.

Wish I could say I was higher with ton's of affilitations but at least I am honest.

4. iron_ox

Thank you for the reply...and being honest carries huge weight with everyone I believe.

Thank you again.

5. Instructor_Jon

I mostly just want to give something back and to learn and teach as much Hapkido as possible. :)

6. iron_ox

A good endeavor!

7. Instructor_Jon

I apologize Frodocious. I sent a PM to Aegis.

8. Instructor_Jon

Kevin based on your comments here I am currently writing a bio. Sad to say I've never been one to ring my own bell. I will just try to keep it factual. I was so busy just trying to capture, edit, and post useful content I didn't really think about telling people who I am.

Hapkido Online isn't about me, it's about Hapkido.

I just want to go on record as opening this thread up to anybody for peer review. I want to offer good legitimate training (both in person, and online). My students deserve the best I can give them. If anybody here can suggest a way to improve Hapkido Online you have my complete attention.

All I ask is that in this thread that we all show one another courtesy. I welcome debate but not derision.

9. Instructor_Jon

Unfortunately I had to change from 'lifetime membership' to a 3 year membership.
    Apparently 'lifetime membership' has some legal pitfalls for me and my family.
    Sorry guys.

10. Instructor_Jon

I added the following FAQ to my website today:

MOD note.

Sorry but you have been asked to contact Aegis in regard to advertising. This post was seen as pimping your own site.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2012
  11. JTMS

JTMS Valued Member

After reading the last post I just chuckled a little bit.

MOD note.
    You could have just disagreed with the above post. We'll have less of the nastyness please.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2012
  12. Instructor_Jon

I have contacted Aegis. I guess I misunderstood. I won't post anything else about Hapkido Online till I get the go ahead from Aegis. I apologize.

Thank You moderator. JTMS I welcome debate and I don't expect everybody or even anybody to agree with what I am doing but I hope in the future we can debate on subject matter and not with demeaning language.

13. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

14. Instructor_Jon

Thank you Simon I will read it!

15. Bruce W Sims

Bruce W Sims Banned Banned

Hi, Jon:

FWIW......I have taken a position of preserving what my teacher taught me and keep a website going just for that purpose. I think the difference is that my website is for "information purposes only". I post techniques, syllbi, history and so forth. Where you and I may diverge is that you seem to be wanting to offer ranking and advancement. Am I tracking on this right? Comments?

BTW: If you want to have a look, for comparison, Midwest Hapkido is at....you guessed it..... www.midwesthapkido.com. FWIW.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

16. Instructor_Jon

MAP seems to consider discussion about Hapkido Online as a violation of their advertising policy. It is regrettable but I will honor their wishes because I want be a good member here and not 'that' guy. I would be happy to discuss it with you in a private message format or perhaps email if you would like.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  17. Instructor_Jon

By the way I found your website to be very good! I of course wish you and your school the very best.

18. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

There's a commercial advertising agreement in place now if you want to advertise your commercial venture on MAP, including in your signature. As such, very easy to get within the rules now.

Also happy to receive feedback about the offer if you don't think it's suitable for you.

19. Instructor_Jon

Aegis I will consider your offer and in the meanwhile thanks for allowing me to post here.