Hapkido in London

Discussion in 'Hapkido' started by StMatthias, Sep 6, 2012.

1. StMatthias

StMatthias Valued Member

Hi all,

So I'm considering what MA to study and after looking around on here and Youtube I've come to the conclusion that I'm not sure exactly which to study... BUT one of the ones I am very interested in is Hapkido - it looks like a well rounded MA to me. So my question for you Hapkido experts is; is there a good school in London (UK)? Which do you recommend/has a good rep/etc?

Matt.
    :love:

2. iron_ox

iron_ox Jungki Kwan Midwest

Hello,

Since London is so large, is there an area that is better or are you willing to travel a bit?

3. StMatthias

StMatthias Valued Member

Well, I live in East London but work in Central London. As long as it's within zone 1 - 3 and has a good rep then I am willing and able. :D

4. iron_ox

I gotta pull out a map...zones weren't in use when I lived there, but I'll see what I can dig up for you. The Jungki Kwan has a few contacts there.

5. StMatthias

StMatthias Valued Member

You're a star, mate. I'm looking at the Jungki Kwan as I type this.

EDIT: Found this place via Google (link), is it any good? Does anyone know about these guys? Is the expense worth it?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  6. iron_ox

The place you are asking about I will answer you with a private message, I am very very familiar with them.

7. StMatthias

StMatthias Valued Member

Cool. I had a look at the JungiKwan website and the places they had listed were all abroad :(

8. iron_ox

I have a black belt student currently in Riga who is going to get a club going in London, and a long time friend who is living on the north side of the city also with a small club. I'm getting his club details in the next day or so and will forward them.

9. StMatthias

StMatthias Valued Member

Thanks a lot bro.

10. moosool

moosool New Member

Hi

if you are still looking there is moosool academy in South East London.
    regards,
    Nick

Edited by Mods to remove contact details and advertising that are against the ToS

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2012
  11. StMatthias

StMatthias Valued Member

Sorry to leave this thread to die for so long. I've had a major change in my life (I'm now an expecting dad) and so my martial arts idea is on the back burner. BUT that said, I am moving down to New Malden soon and figured that with such a large amount of Koreans there there's got to be some Hapkido going on. And what do you know, I found these guys SKMA. So, naturally, I want to know if these guys are any good? (if they are good and cheap enough I might be able to wrangle it with the other half :evil:)

12. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

wow that's a big change over the course of a month! get your workouts in now. it's only going to get harder when the kid comes, in my experience.