Han Shi Yi Quan

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by 23rdwave, Nov 5, 2015.

1. 23rdwave

23rdwave Valued Member

2. Tom bayley

Tom bayley Valued Member

23rdwave - how do you use feeling and emotion in your art and your applications?

3. 23rdwave

23rdwave Valued Member

Yiquan is translated as "mind boxing" or "mind fist" but it really means "mindful boxing" or "awareness boxing". So awareness is of upmost importance. We hold onto our zhuangtai (mind/body state) which is what I was referencing with the "capture the feeling and hold onto it" statement. Have awareness in our fingertips and hold the bao throughout the body. Embrace everywhere; hands, fingers, tiger's mouth, wrists, elbows, legs, torso, etc.

One should have a soft focus. I keep my eyes on my opponent but I pay attention to myself, to what's going on inside me. As my hands go up my body goes down and vice versa but I don't move. I'm like a building. The elevator goes up and down but I barely move. Big movements become small movements. What's on the outside is repeated on the inside until what's on the outside is no longer needed.

4. runcai

runcai Valued Member

韓星垣 Han Xingyuan (1915-1983) in Hong Kong:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7gRBB5RWY0&list=PLF26A00F10078B8A8"]Han Xingyuan - Yi Quan (Da Cheng Quan) - YouTube[/ame]

5. runcai

runcai Valued Member

Han Xingyuan is the brother of Han Xingqiao.