hams so sore

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by harhar, Feb 24, 2005.

1. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

I had my ME squat/DL day on Monday and I overdid it on the gluteham raise. I reached failure multiple times. I dunno I guess I just got frustrated at my squat performance that day. Anyways, my hams started to hurt like crazy since tuesday (today is thursday). I tried getting some blood pumping with cardio on wednesday along with light front squats today.

I never experienced such soreness on my hams in my life. Anyone have some suggestions for recovery? It HURTS to walk :cry:

2. JKD_forever

JKD_forever DEADLIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

you did glute raise, squats, and DL in same day? lol
    rest, until you feel you can do some light dl, or jogging, that will help, but dont do it before you start its getting better, your just going to slow down recovery
    oh yeah, nice massage or hot shower help too
    cheers

3. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

You might want to check your calorie/protien intake. You may need to add a bit more.

4. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

Its a WSBB routine lol. Max squats, light romanian DL, cable pull throughs, and glute/ham raise. I've done this for about a month now :). Im massaging and stretching a lot.

Damn this is worse than that time when I did "tabata" squats.

I thought I ate enough. 3000+ kcals a day with about 200 grams of protein @ 159lb.

5. Forest Bill

Forest Bill New Member

The Westside boys rarely train to failure.

6. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

I trained to failure b/c I was stressed out. Its just this weird habit I have. Also, I didnt feel anything in my hams for some reason while doing the GHR but only in my back.

I found out the next day that my hams WERE hit and were hit BAD.... :(