HALO3 Recon....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Bassmonkey, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Bassmonkey

Bassmonkey Formerly Cobalt60

Anyone seen the clip for this on xbox live?

It looks sooooo good.

I think its set whilst John (S-117) is galvanting round the ark and what have you.

Lame though, release not till Fall 2009.....being an englishman i take it fall would be winter?

2. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

How can you possibly not know that Fall is Autumn? Falling of leaves?!?:rolleyes::eek:

The trailer looks sweet as hell, should be good. I just can't wait for the next map pack that's out in January first!

3. Bassmonkey

Well not living in the US i would assume that autumn would be refered to as....well, you know.....autumn :)

Theres a new map pack in January???? Any idea what maps?

4. Ad McG

There are six new ones including Assembly which has been shown. Google it, there's loads of videos and pics etc. that look pretty good, it's a symmetrical small-medium sized map. It looks kinda like midship from Halo 2 but in aesthetics only, the layout is totally different.

The achievements are already there if you look but any more details of the map pack have not been revealed, aside from the fact that they will have skulls to find in some form or another.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  5. Bassmonkey

Well rather annoyingly i downloaded the trailer for this and it would appear this has now been renamed Halo 3: ODST. So then another video appears on live, under the aforementioned name.....same bloomin video just renamed.

Well to be picky the video is about 3-5 seconds shorter than the one branded recon

For shammmmmme! I was so excited too :(

Pah.

6. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Now you do know it you just have to remember that the clocks Spring forwards and Fall back. :cool:

7. Custom Volusia

Custom Volusia Valued Member

Ya know...I traded in HALO3 for COD4. I'm starting to regret that. On HALO the wife and I could play online multiplayer together. That's something that we both miss.

I didn't know that there was a new map pack coming out. I think I'm gonna get the game/new pack again. COD5 is fun, but was a bit disappointed that they went back to WW2 for it. And I haven't seen a trailer for Recon yet (still labeled that in US stores) but have heard good things!

8. Ad McG

Halo 3 >>>>>> COD4 in every possible way. COD 4 is ok if you're a run and gun fan with little tactics. If you are into more balanced gameplay with much more variety, tactics, better custom maps/games, theatre mode, split screen/LAN, competitive scene, input from devs... I could go on. I think you can gather that I'm a Halo fan and that trading Halo 3 for COD4 is tantamount to treason!

9. Moi

QFT

The COD games and Gears of War are just distractions from a near perfect game that's only going to get better.

10. Rogue x7x

Rogue x7x Valued Member

IMO They had it right with Halo 1, Mucked it up with Halo 2 and came close to completely redeeming themselves with Halo 3. Now if they could only release H1 on live with multiplayer capabilities I would be happy. I miss the maps, the three shot kills, the nade and portal tricks, double smacks, reload tricks, and the ability to throw a nade more than 30ft lol. Halo 3 ODST looks promising and from the vid you can see there's yet another mod to the AR/BR he's carrying. Looks alot like their original plan to have the AR shoot oneshot bursts in Halo 2 (complete guess obviously but the gun looks more tactical "Recon-ish" then staright mayhem.)

Anyone who wants to play online add me
    DeathxxDeal3r or Rogue x7x

11. DanielSan88

DanielSan88 Valued Member

I've downloaded both the gameplay trailer and the teaser they released a while back on my 360 harddrive.. It looks really good. Apparently if you pre-order it now (or when ever the pre-order is available) you recieve a code with the game unlocking Sgt. Johnson as a playable character in multiplayer.

Also look up the premium theme for your 360, it's pretty cool. all of your friends appear in front of the different ODST's from the game, I like it..

Here:

[​IMG]

:topic:

Has anyone seen the teaser trailer for Halo:Reach? The next game Bungie are developing. :)

That game sounds interesting !!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  12. Ad McG

Recent rumours suggest it might be the first game to use Project Natal, motion sensing.

The trailers and gameplay views from E3 make this look amazing, particularly the firefight mode. I like the use of the new vision sensors too, as well as bringing back pistol to something like what it used to be. The SMG is different now and should take more of a role too.

13. GrappleorWrestle

GrappleorWrestle Valued Member

I think the game looks awesome. I really cannot wait to play it, but considering I have not touched my 360 in over a month I am trying to decide if I will drop the $$$ on it.

14. Rogue x7x

Rogue x7x Valued Member

Firefight is going to be Halo's answer to the Horde mode in Gears of War 2. I think that from an fps perspective it will totally dominate. Also, the 4 other mythic maps will be included in ODST. HALO Reach, which is a prequel set to be released next "Autumn" lol has confirmed that weapons will act as they did in Halo 1. I just hope they include fall damage, portal blocks at the whole shabang lol.

That's what i can't wait to play.

15. Rogue x7x

Rogue x7x Valued Member

Halo 3 ODST has confirmed the M6C Socom is back (pistol) from Halo 1

16. Awesome, downloaded the trailers this morning.
    Can't wait.

17. Rogue x7x

Rogue x7x Valued Member

If it's anything like the original as promised by Bungie, I'm losing all social contact and emmersing myself into this game

18. d0ugbug

d0ugbug learning to smile

Brilliant mine turned up today at 7am! Good so far before the baby started to cry...

19. Moi

Ring of death on by 360 and it's out of warranty

20. Not a good day for it MD.

DougBug - add me - splashdamaged.

I preordered my copy. Hope to be able to pick it up before the shop closes this evening.

So hope to be on ODST later if you're up for some Firefight action.

Failing that I usually play
    left4dead
    COD4
    Halo3
    OrangeBox or
    BattleField1943