halo 3 trailer... if you haven't seen it yet

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by geves, May 10, 2006.

1. geves

geves Valued Member

well all the sites on the internet make it where you have to have bittorrent to view it. (i think)

anyways here's the trailer without needing bittorrent:

halo 3 trailer (17 MBs)

halo 3 trailer low-res (9 MBs i think)

oh and it's been confirmed that it is real time graphics. eat it sony.

2. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

cant see the video.... :cry:

windows media player comes up but it plays like an audio track

3. geves

geves Valued Member

odd it works for me..

4. Incredible Bulk

maybe you have a piece of software i dont?

5. geves

geves Valued Member

6. Incredible Bulk

Until the PS3 is here and you have actually played on it to compare with the xbox 360 (rather than compare to snippets of info) then movie sequences that a ps2 can achieve is nothing much to go on

7. Talyn

Talyn Reality Hacker

Uhm, if you search "Halo 3 E3 2006", or just regular old "Halo 3", you can get the proper sized file (56mb roughly) from websites without having to use Bitorrent.

Failing that, go to google videos and search for "Halo 3".

8. Dyno

Dyno Valued Member

I wasn't impressed one iota. Looked like a PS2 cut-scene.

9. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

I really stop being impressed by game trailers because they don't show gameplay. I like game previews where they have actual gameplay, because that's the stuff I care about.

10. gornex

gornex Valued Member

well this is for all you guys talking about the ps2 being able to do this trailer. "we won't ruin the content of our short presentation by describing it frame by frame, but we will note that everything you're seeing here is being rendered in real-time on the Xbox 360, using the current version of our Halo 3 game engine. The HDR lighting, self-shadowing, GPU-run particle system and many other effects should make it intact (and more) to our final game."

this means that it will look this good while playing it

if you look at the high def version you will be able to see why this is so amazing.

11. Incredible Bulk

i'll reserve judgement till i play the game... i doubt the whole game is going to be like that quality but if it can pull it off.... :)

12. Talyn

Talyn Reality Hacker

I'd say it's very safe to assume those are the graphics from the game, even if you have managed to miss reading Bungie's assurances. Bungie, within Halo 1 and 2 were partial to using the game engines to create the cutscenes, rather than pre-render them like many other games, hence the minimal loading times while the game is playing and why sometimes you can see the layers of detail being added during the cutscenes.

13. Guizzy

Guizzy with Arnaud and Eustache

Personally, I can't see why it wouldn't be real-time. I don't think it's impressive enough to have been worthy of being faked.

Don't get me wrong, it looks nice! But I think they could have gotten away with much more; even if it was bullshot.

Also let's not forget that while real-time cutscenes are a better indication of graphic quality than pre-rendered movies, they are not the same as ingame graphics. As with these cutscenes, the camera angles are pre-determined, they can manipulate the game assets so the engine can support things it would struggle with in gameplay.

For instance, they could only have loaded into memory the part of the textures that will be seen by the camera. Or they could be using reduced polygon models (with perspective effects in the textures) because they know that the camera angles will never reveal it.

14. MartialJac

MartialJac Banned Banned

geves r u on xbox live if u r send a friend request to MartialJac if i am not doin martial arts i am on halo 2

15. Incredible Bulk

take the leet speak to another forum, read the TOS

16. MartialJac

MartialJac Banned Banned

17. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

doesnt look that good, but i'll probaberly still buy it, or my brother will, we're halo mad

18. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

19. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Not even gonna watch it, cut scenes are just pointless. Why do people get excited about crap like this? A trailor of the gameplay would create so much more hype, I don't know why they don't do that.

20. Guizzy

Guizzy with Arnaud and Eustache

Tsssk; trailers of gameplay generate hype, yes.

But trailers of cutscenes DISGUISED as gameplay generates much more hype! 2005 E3 Killzone trailer being a good example. :D ;)

They showed this not as a proof of concept nor as a replacement for a trailer, but as an announcement.

Releasing a gameplay trailer creates expectations; until you are certain you can live up to these expectations, I think it's better if they stick with the cutscenes.

It gives an idea where the game is going from a design/artistic standpoint.

You should watch it; the music is brilliant.