Hall of Fame and GOElll

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by BGile, Jun 1, 2007.

1. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Hi All,
    Since the Tracy organization is having a large gathering of Eagles and Hall of Fame presentaion. Many are invited to submit the favorite's they believe might be able to be inducted.

I have been asked to post so that the Martial arts community that comes here and reads about kenpo and does not post on the San Jose Kenpo board would see it. You can get in touch with Ted Sumner at the SJK location if you like.

All are invited to come to it. For further information it is at the site of SJK.

They are especially interested in some of the persons that might have information from old timers and people who might have been around in the earlier times, in Hawaii.

Gary

2. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Does it say how much Al Tracy is being paid to attend the Garthering of Egos III? The list of seminars looks weak to me. Plus, don't you have to pay money to nominate someone for that thing?

3. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Wow, trashing an event like that, good job (sarcasm if you didnt catch it). I might go. Keith Hackney and Bart Vale alone make it worth going to IMO. It's gonna have Kenpo practioners from many different styles, which is great.

4. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Of course not Danjo, As always you take and twist something and try to make it look bad since it is another organization that is in compitition with Kajukenbo (as in a different organization and school) and its get togethers.

And like your begathons in Kajukenbo some of the money does go to the leader, Sijo is supported by his organization, why can't others do it and have a unity situation unlike many that don't allow outsiders.

The Gathering that Bruce Juchnik puts together and has done now going on 20 straight years is a unity thing.

http://www.collectivesociety.com/

Bruce has been nominated and will have someone there or else be there I am sure, it is a unity thing, like I mentioned. If Bruce and the Tracy's can get together and unify I believe any one can LOL ;)

The nominations are just that, but they have to be from Kenpo not Kajukenbo. Nick Cerio is being honored also, many are, the month of June is very busy and many will not fly 2000 miles for it but others will.

If Sijo has groups that still call their art Kenpo Karate (as Nuck mentions) and they still include Sijo and nominate him as a member of Kenpo Karate it will be looked at I figure.

Reason I started this was to get others involved, and you start with the same junk you always do. LOL I am glad you do it, for others will see it and realize you are just shooting yourself in the foot and no one else.
    :D

5. Nuck Chorris

Nuck Chorris I prefer North South

I am not sure who gave you this info, but they are dead wrong. Sijo is FAR FAR FAR from supported financially by KSDI or any other Kajukenbo organizations. Actually, it is pathetic the amount of support the man receives when you think about the number of people he has impacted. Go tell your sources that they need to do better investigative work.

6. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

I think I understand you and your thoughts. It is always not financial but at times it can be.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/support

This is something to think about.

I have several items I have purchased from Kajukenbo sellers of DVD's etc that mention some of the sale goes to Sijo.

Gary

7. Nuck Chorris

Nuck Chorris I prefer North South

For at least the last 25 years, he has hopped from house to house of various GMs, Professors, and family. 10% off a $30 DVD isn't gonna do much for the old man. It is a small fraction and it isn't enough. Yes "support" can come in various forms. The patronage that he has received or has been told he would receive has fallen so short it is disgraceful.

I am not trying to derail your thread about your Hall of Fame awards. I am just making sure that when you put something down like that, you know what you are talking about :)

8. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

"Support" is a loosely defined word sometimes isn't it? :rolleyes:

9. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

That is a support system, he is lucky he has those people to help him. I believe the term is correct and was used correctly.

One of the reasons we have the social security system and other forms of assistance is for situations that are similar. When one gets old and infirmed it is a strain on all, if the money is not there to assist.

I was under the impression Kajukenbo was "Ohana". John was just talking about how they were one big happy family and friends.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohana

Must be sort of who you know, and that type of deal?
    I believe you are reading into the use of "support" as I was referring incorrectly.

This is not where I was wanting to go but you can thank your "Ohana Danjo" for the reason for the right turn at the last intersection.

10. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

So...how much does Al Tracy make? And....does it cost money to nominate someone to the Hall Of Fame?

Sorry for saying the line up looked weak. Bart Vale and Keith Hackney. Whoa!

11. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

I don't know about the fees and percentage, and I am sure it does not cost to nominate, did'nt I mention that???

As far as a weak line up goes, I am sure you would know better then I, since you are in the know and all.

Mentioning "Ohana" I figure this GOE, is sort of like where you are coming from, regarding your views.
    You could ask over at the SJK site if you really are interested :p

12. kenpoguy

kenpoguy The Last Dragon

reply...

Typically for Hall of Fame Awards, nominations cost nothing. Accepting the nominations and being inducted usually does, though. I'm being honored by the United States Martial Arts Association and am going through that all right now. It's totally dependent on the organization giving the awards...
    In any case, however, the martial arts are filled with politics(as many of you are aware). To many it's about making an easy buck. And thanks to these seminars it's simple enough to do just that. So rest assured, all participants walk away with a buck or two.
    Nevertheless, this gathering does look enjoyable and I've already made plans to go. Al is a great presenter, and I've always wanted to meet Keith Hackney and Bart Vale. The only martial arts event I'm looking more forward to attending is the Supershow in Las Vegas, coming up in July.

13. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

I'll be interested in the numbers and who got what and why, if it is published, outside of house.
    The biggie is that it is really for the Tracy organization I figure and most who are going to attend will be that following I am reading any way.
    So many divided camps in other organizations, the two that are old and still pretty much intact are the Tracy's and the Kajukenbo folks it seems.

I see the same mentality in the Kara-Ho group as far as in house and then the group of: http://www.kenpokempounity.com/membership.htm seems to be more for a unity thing.

So whatever works is good for the "gander" it looks like, is the way they go.
    I don't expect I'll be going. Many Many things going on this summer very close to home.

Besides the only reason I was going to go was to be a second, :p But that is not going to happen. That is good, for it was not really intended in the first place ;)

Gary

14. Sifu Sin Bin

Sifu Sin Bin New Member

Now that is just funny right there. You can nominate kenpo but not Kajukenbo but yet Nick Cerio is being nominated, last time I checked his teacher was George Presare from Victor "Sonny" Gascon from none other that Kajukenbo Sijo Emperado. Someone explain to me that logic, so it is really not what you teach but what you call it that qualifies for the G.O.E. :bang:

15. bill007

bill007 New Member

Professor Cerio created his system after being a student of GM. Bill Chun sr. and Professor Chow himself, but why you can't being nominated if youre Kajukenbo I don't know why, maybe you should ask the people in charge.

16. Sifu Sin Bin

Sifu Sin Bin New Member

Uhh, ya :rolleyes:

17. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

He trained with Chow for like two weeks.

18. bill007

bill007 New Member

Not sure I want to go there guy's :rolleyes:

19. shaolinmonkmark

shaolinmonkmark Valued Member

Cerio trained for 2 weeks with chow???

Cerio trained for 2 weeks with chow???
    I do not think so, either, DANJO.

20. Almost A Ghost

Almost A Ghost Valued Member

:: starts making popcorn ::

I always love how these things go!