Gyms suck!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by NaughtyKnight, Jan 24, 2005.

1. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Fat is good after a workout, helps build cell walls. You can chuck all the egg in, it doesnt matter. Whatever works for you, make a big cocktail and down that sucker. Yum. :D

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I agree in principle - but can you imagine a banana, orange and TUNA drink?

{{{Shudder}}}

3. NaughtyKnight

Dont think it would mix well with the fruit lol.

4. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

You'd be better off using either the whole egg or just the whites.

5. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

Not with the fruit!! :eek:
    Just pop the top and down that sucker. Hit it with some mayonnaise and tabasco sauce to get the taste right. I find that easier than making a shake, especially since I don't have a blender. :D

6. NaughtyKnight

Hmm. I always thought that the yoke was better for you. I know it has alot of fat, but it has all the nutrient needed for a chicken to grow, having some of that never hurt anyone.

Some of my bodybuilding mates crack an egg over the sink and eat the yoke, now that is yuck.

7. andrewS

andrewS Banned Banned

I thought you should use liquids for your PWO as solids take too long to digest and you miss the window of opportunity.

I'm gettin' a squat rack made, can't wait to start squatting & DLing again :D All you need is a squat rack :D

8. toothpaste100

toothpaste100 Banned In 60 Seconds

Christ, how can you walk or even think for that matter for the rest of the day after a 20 rep squat?

9. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

Ick that thought is vile. You should now go taste test it for the rest of us!

10. MattN

MattN Valued Member

nap-time

11. toothpaste100

toothpaste100 Banned In 60 Seconds

I'd hate to be on the road when you are driving home from the gym :D

12. MattN

MattN Valued Member

Heh, I don't getta drive for 4 more years.....home set-up half a hallway from my room though. score! No one does any isolation stuff in there, my dad tried once and I pushed him out till he learned better :D

13. NaughtyKnight

Its got tons of stuff in it. Loads of fibre, fat, some protein. As I said, you can chuck in what you want, I used to use protein powder but I dont like the way them make the stuff. Powdered milk = bad.

14. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

You don't like the way they make the stuff, so you decided to ingest exactly what you don't need after a workout instead? Go back to the shakes. You need protein and plenty of it with some high glycemic index carbs straight after a workout, not fibre and fat. You need quick absorbtion!

15. NaughtyKnight

I might. Heard they were really bad from you but.

16. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

What? That didn't make sense really, but I think you were saying "I heard they were bad for you". If that is what you mean, then I heard that eating food gives you cancer. Use protein shakes, your shake is pretty pointless aside from giving calories.

Edit - AndrewS posted a link to this great article on another thread:

http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/importance.htm

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  17. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

Oh Dear God! That's it! I'm going to quit eating! :D

18. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

Great artical Adam, thanks.

19. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

KC, don't take this as a personal affront, because it isn't

But....

When you start a thread stating how people are doing things "wrong" in your eyes, and then you prove that you have no grasp of fundamental principles of nutrition it does tend to suggest that you *might* need to take a review of your own training aims and principles.

Heavy weights are fine - if you like that sort of thing. Personally I like to use mid-level weights when I use them, cobined with bodyweight exercises and occasionally very light weights that you decry so much. Now I can't lift or press half as much as many people my sort of size (195lbs) who lift a lot of iron...but I can destroy them in combat without even trying.

Strength is good...hell, we all need a little more...but that strength needs to be balanced with endurance. It is a trade off which is why you see light weights being used.

And back to the woman with the light weights -if she was pretty tasty then what she is doing obviously works...which kind of destroys your argument

20. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

I've seen plenty of great looking women doing maximal lifts.. It helps the glutes :).

For me, maximal lifts are more fun than moderate to light weights. The reason for this being that maximal lifts are the fastest way to increase your lifts.

For example, if you like 5x5 and you're stuck, try max lifts for 2-3weeks and come back. You'll be lifting it like nothing. My experience.