Gyms suck!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by NaughtyKnight, Jan 24, 2005.

1. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

I love the 20 rep squats. When you have the bar resting on your shoulders and are about to squat, it takes so much motivation. You know that your going to be in serious pain very soon. I LOVE SQUATS.

2. NaughtyKnight

Lol that is an afirm. :D

3. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

Squats are great ain't they!!!

4. MattN

MattN Valued Member

Keep in mind, I'm hungry just from being a teenager. So my mom makes double or triple what I'd usually eat (it's still almost constant, just more volume :D ) when she knows I did 20 rep squats. Food rocks :D

5. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

I'm going to wash your mouth out with soap young man.
    You shall be assimilated :cool:

6. Athleng Nordic

We're assimilated! :D

7. MattN

MattN Valued Member

It's like a really cool, smart, healthy cult!

8. Knight_Errant

9. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

20 reps? I thought you weren't supposed to do that many. I can scarcely manage 5. What are 20 rep squats anyway?
    And what is toning?

10. MattN

MattN Valued Member

20 rep squats is doing 20 reps with your 5RM so for a lot of those, youre standing there with the weight on your back catchin your breath a lil bit before you go back down.
    It's kinda like doing a BUNCH of 1RM's I think

11. Knight_Errant

It's not a beginner's routine, but it does rock.
    How you go about this is;
    load the bar up to your 10 rep max
    go for 20
    you will need to take deep breaths to pause in reps 10-20. It also pays to pace yourself for the first 10.
    Obviously, you only do 1 set. It should take you 3-5 minutes.

12. MattN

MattN Valued Member

whoops, 10rm sounds more right, couldn't remember right. I guess you could up the weight to make it harder, but it's hard enough

13. Knight_Errant

You are right that, essentially, you're doing 20 singles and not 1 set of 20. Gains using this protocol defy belief, as long as you eat right.

14. Athleng Nordic

20 singles and eating correctly. So that would be a chicken breast per 4 singles?

15. Knight_Errant

that would be 6 solid meals, preferably with protein shakes and creatine thrown in, though I don't use either.

16. Athleng Nordic

I know what you meant I just have to throw out the rib. I'll have to work on those.

17. NaughtyKnight

The 20 rep squat is the pinacle for leg strength. It really murders you. I litteraly scream while I do it. You feel yourself getting really dizzy from all the oxygen your sucking in.

After woring out I have a special shake. It has:

bananna (whole)
    kiwi fruits (whole)
    freshly squessed orange juice
    coconut milk
    egg yoke 2

Tamper with how much you put in, this is the ultimate drink. You can chuck in some protein powder if you want, I dont usually as the egg yokes (2 usually) give me alot of protein.

18. Scarlet Mist

The only thing in that drink that has high protein is the egg yoke. And typically that's only about 2 grams per yoke. Are you sure that drink is any good?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2005
  19. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

The egg white has about 3.5g protein too - usually a little more than the yolk with none of the fat.

20. Scarlet Mist

I know, but he said he uses the yoke.
    Why nut just eat a tin of tuna instead? Get yourself a solid 30 grams for 99c.