Gym Music

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Maverick, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Maverick

Maverick New Member

This thread is inspired by something I read in BeWater's thread.

What kind of music would you prefer to have on in the gym?

At the gym I'm forced to go to, they play nothing but R'n'B and dance, OK, fair enough, for cardio it's fine, but there is a room especially for cardio, and this is meant to be weights room. 'Beyonce' is hardly music to squat to.

It seems that on almost every PL'ing video I download, there's music by Disturbed playing...good choice guys.

It would have to be metal/hard rock for me.

Over to you!

2. Cownose

Cownose Valued Member

Sounds like you've got it pretty good...my gym plays nothing but Maroon 5 and Avril Lavigne...all day, every day. I can hardly run listening to that <stuff>, let alone squat.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2005
  3. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

My gym just plays a radio station, not sure which one though. It plays a good variety of music, but I was doing a set of bench presses the other day and I heard on an advert:

"Sex. Are you thinking about it enough?"

I had to get my spotter to help me because I started laughing. :eek:

I started using my iPod now though which has some music I find wicked to work to (Avenged Seven - Chapter 4 is a favorite :D ).

4. Fade-To-Black

Fade-To-Black New Member

MONTAGE!

As cheesy as it is, music from Rocky is THE BEST to train to in my opinion :p Im not sure why, but it just is. Though I gotta say, having something heavy and aggressive on in the background helps when you're goin for that last heavy set and u feel like you're about to die. This my friends, is why I take my iPod to the gym :)

5. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

Come to think of it, I don't listen to music when I work out. I always mean to, and forget to bring my MP3 player with me. But now that I remember, I generally listen to some heavy heavy stuff like slipknot, disturbed, slayer, american head charge. That kinda stuff. Really gets the blood pumping and the mind ****ED...:D (in a good way of course)

6. Daffy

Daffy Valued Member

When I work out I tend to listen to Fear Factory, Slipknot, Disturbed, and even some old Limp Bizkit! LOL

7. Ophqui

Ophqui Valued Member

I cant listen to metal, punk rock or any of that stuff for any length of time, i find it monotonous and head ache inducing. For me A bit of quality hip hop (zion i, ras kass, mf doom, little brother etc) or some hard reggae is the best music to train to.

8. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I like a mix of things. Even metal is okay in small amounts. Mostly I like the techno stuff to work out to though.

9. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

If I had it my way, it would be Disturbed's first album, The Sickness, on loop all day long. I've also done fine with Korn, System of a Down (awesome for cardio work), some Slipknot, Old-School Metallica, Megadeth, Godsmack, pretty much anything that sounds best when "the volume goes to 11." I read on T-Nation that someone really digs the Soundtrack to Conan The Destroyer. I guess that could work. However, some of my best workouts were done in my garage, in silence.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2005
  10. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

i have to use an MP3 player to hear anything other than "bling-bling, kill the cops, cash money, all women are bitches" anymore. i suggest you do the same. i don't know what its like overseas, but in the US for some reason unbeknownst to me, black culture rules music in alot of places ESPECIALLY central texas. when i see kids pale as snow wearing du-rags and brandishing knives and bandannas i have to giggle just alittle. point being, don't worry thats what MP3 players are for. download some good old disturbed, rob zombie and godsmack and get to lifting.

11. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

I like to listin to Zeppelin or Jimi, the beatles, or Pink Floyd. A sweet new band called Doo Rag, sometimes I listin to heaver stuff, depending, such as sabbath or pantera, CCR is good as well, same with Tool

12. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

ahhh tool is good stuff too.

13. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

Yeah man, Theyre in the studio rightr now making a new album eh? hype.

14. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

YEAH!!!! can't wait, i thought they were supposed to be on the Sin city soundtrack, i guess not?

15. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

So black culture is bad music, and it's currupting white kids. I'm about to cry racist. No I'm going to scream it. That is some offensive bull.

For me, I like my Ganksta Rap. And I do mean Ganksta. Certified.

16. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

I understand what he was trying to get accross. Being a "gangsta" Is popular now-a-days. I make it a point not to associate "gangsta" with gangsters, I tell myself the words have nothing common except for similar pronouciation.

"gangsta" is a fashion statement
    "gangster" is a way of life

People allways want to "fit in" and so there will be no shortage of "gangstas", until the fad passes of course.

17. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

NO NO NO!!! THAT IS NOT WHAT I WAS SAYING!!! don't put words in my mouth, all i'm saying is that where i live that stuff is dominant, and its not the type of stuff I enjoy listening too, its not Corrupting anyone, its been around since the 70's or 80's, and is just as influincial as rock in that department, i'm not arguing that, i'm just saying i'm fed up of trying to workout to it, thats what we were talking about, hence the title, "Gym music"
    and rhe referance was about how fused society has become, i giggle because i remember the days when we all had lables"black=poor and "white=pot head" none of that is true anymore, its all melted together. Don't try to call me a racist, some of my closest friends are black, so don't put words in my mouth
    I'm as far from a racist as i can possibly get. on a side note.
    if you get so easily offended by things as miniscule and small in nature as this, then you really shouldn't go around using "pigs" as a referance for law enforcement, it tends to perpetuate stereotypes, and i HATE stereotypes.
    things are like that here in Central Texas, whites are the minority here, it would be damn near impossible to be racist in a place like this.

18. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

That's the classical defence. "Some of my best friends are ...". And the cops/pigs thing is retalliation. But I won't bother to explain it to you.
    Back on topic.

19. JKD_forever

JKD_forever DEADLIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAP and ALIKE SUCK BIG TIME ANYHOW. PERIOD.

And bewater nailed every single one of the artists. weird :eek: :cool:

20. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

i'll take my classic Rob Zombie ANY day.