Guru De-bordes you tube

Discussion in 'Silat' started by bela diri, Apr 22, 2007.

1. bela diri

bela diri Valued Member

Hi

Latest you tube video from Maha Guru Richard De-bordes [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-OckbTj_18"]Harimau Pencak Silat - Maha Guru Speaks - YouTube[/ame]

regards
    bela diri

2. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Thanks for posting that link. I definitely enjoy watching Maha Guru Richard De-bordes move. He is very smooth.

3. Pekir

Pekir Valued Member

I like his moves and though different in expression to the sumatran styles I know a lot of themoves are quite familiar to ours which are Sundanese. One question though, is there a reason for the leopard dress of one af the guys? I sometimes have difficulties with some of the Indonesian etnic dresses but the leopard guy is an other thing. No offence intended, just a serious question.

Pekir

4. bela diri

bela diri Valued Member

leopard suit

No offence taken it's not leopard skin its fabric it was made for Guru. Its nothing more than just a fashion statement. Guru also has a traditional suit in combat camoflauge which i think looks great. Some of the moves will look different as Guru says he has urbanised it so to speak, this does not mean that we don't train the traditional moves as well.

regards
    bela diri

5. nasigoreng

nasigoreng Valued Member

the leopard suit is tacky, the guy look like a cartoon pirate. Aside from that, excellent techniques.