Gurkha Justice

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by holyheadjch, Apr 24, 2009.

1. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

I pride myself on being able to see validity in both sides of an argument, no matter how strongly I agree with one side of the discussion, but the way that the UK government has treated and continues to treat former Gurkha riflemen defies belief. I can think of no group of men who have done more to earn the right to call Britain home and I am ashamed that the government does not recognise this fact. As far as I am concerned, if you fought for this country, this is your country, regardless of where you were born.

There is a petition set up at the site below, it takes less than a minute to sign. I think we owe these men at least that much.

The Gurkha Soldier
    Bravest of the brave,
    most generous of the generous,
    never had country
    more faithful friends
    than you.

Prof Sir Ralph Turner

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/

2. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

DISGRACE.. THESE POLITICIANS DO NOT SPEAK FOR US.

Regards koyo

3. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Totally agree. That's incredibly ungrateful, and I agree with koyo - our politicians do not speak for us! These people have risked their lives for us and our politicians are effectively spitting on them.

4. Axelator

Axelator Not called Alex.

Signed. I thought the government sorted this out a while back and gave all retied Gurkhas citizenship?

5. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Only those who retired post 1997, which is when the Brigade was relocated to the UK.

6. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Done, I worked with guys from Gurkha Sigs paraded beside them, froze and sweated beside them, what a stupid message our government gives out. Preach hatred, live on benefits, come on in welcome. Put your life on the line for us, Travel hundreds of miles away from your family, bog off we don't want your type here.

7. Humblebee

Humblebee PaciFIST's evil twin

In the 80's I was based in Perbright and shared the base with the Ghurkas,they were polite,full of humility and a force to be reckoned with.
    These days I live in Folkestone and share the same town as the Ghurkas as they are now based about two miles from my house.
    The Ghurkas have been made very welcome here and are a big part of Folkestone and are an asset to our town and our country.
    The Ghurkas and they're families are wonderfull people who deserve our goverments respect.

8. GSHAMBROOKE

GSHAMBROOKE Thats Tarm Sarm

My father was in the army in England and always spoke very highly of them, he said that they did not like showing you their Gurka knives because if they took them out they have to draw blood and would have to cut themselves.

Dont know but thats what he told me.

9. garth

garth Valued Member

Two signatures, Me and the wife.

Its bloody disgraceful that we let people into the country that have not done one thing for the UK, yet we deny citizenship to our staunchest allies.

Garth

10. koyo

Sickens me that men who have driven the country into poverty and proved to be utterly incompetent STILL lord it over us pretending to have our interests at heart.

The arrogance is mindboggling.

regards koyo

11. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Signed. They fought and died for this country if anyone deserves to live here it's them.

12. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Nice to see this thread up here. Proud of you guys. Several times in Nepal I've chatted with old retired Gurkha's out in front of their villages. Often painted on the walls or on banners are slogan asking for fair treatment and rights to be afforded to retired Gurkhas. A great many laid down their life for Britain. Glad to see you guys haven't forgotten and aren't having the tripe the politicians hand down.

13. koyo

If you cannot stand BEHIND guys who stood in FRONT of you and put their lives on the line..you do not desreve to be called human.

This disgrace cannot be left unchallenged.

regards koyo

14. Southpaw535

If you can't stand behind our soldiers and support them feel free to stand in front of them. One of the best quotes i ever heard

15. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I agree with everything said above. My grandfather fought in WWII and always said the Gurkhas were amongst the bravest soldiers he knew. It's a disgrace we will let them die for us but not live in this country, when it seems we let everyone else in!

16. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Its a disgrace, i have signed.

17. dentoiwamaryu

dentoiwamaryu Valued Member

WHY SHOULD WE LET THEM STAY? what the hell have they done for this country? SO they have put there own lives on the line to go in to battle first as usual and help save our guys lifes. They have sworn to protect this country. You guys think this is enough to deserve our respect??? COME ON, we all know that LABOUR have decided that what counts in living here is a complete hatred for this country and the west, no respect for our guys and will refuse to learn our language or work for a living here. Surely this is what our country is about with immagration is it not? Not someone who is going to come here with there family having earned a life time of thanks

lol but seriously this total tit of a minister talks about 100,000 coming here with tehre families if we let them all in, wow 100,000, It would be impossible to imagine labour letting in anywhere that many of ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS!
    This is the same guy who told us so proudly that he had arrested 12 pakistani nationals on studnet visas 2 weeks ago ..... ye that case turned out well... WE MUST DEMAND A NATIONAL ELECTION NOW, we can have real fun watching cameron trying to work with salmond lol

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  18. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

We have a EU open door policy, 100, 000 french people could come live here tomorrow if they choose. This is no reason to stop these people living here, they have as much a right as any european, if not more. Its shameful in the least, but not at all a suprise...the 'multiculturals' in parliment are showing their true economic colours now it would seem...

19. dentoiwamaryu

dentoiwamaryu Valued Member

exactley, we have the room or at least these guys have doen enough for us to make them the room. Where i live in edinburgh there are dozens and dozens of human waste smack or methadone addicts who have been raping the tax purse for years never worked or earned a penny for there rent that people working all week can BARELY afford. Christ i know 5 people i went to school with who have been on tax paid prescription meth for years and years, no one is forcing them to come off it. SO ITS SIMPLE, THEY HAVE NO BENIFIT TO ANYTHING IN LIFE ESPECIALLY THIS COUNTRY, SO WELL TAKE ONE GURKA UP HERE FOR EVERY PIECE OF HUMAN SCUM I CAN ROUND UP.but if we force them of it, WERE BREACHING THERE HUMAN RIGHTS. THERES A SURPRISE.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  20. Southpaw535

its like reading my rants i have at my mother :p
    Seriously though if we can give political asylum to terrorists and other criminals we can sure as hell allow access to people who have fought and died for the country