Guillotine Confusion

Discussion in 'MMA' started by TwIsT, Nov 29, 2004.

1. TwIsT

TwIsT Son Of Odin!

I'm just a little confused.

I know the standing Guillotine and Chancery are Guillotines but i have also seen another move called a Guillotine and it is just a fore arm choke with your left hand placed behind their neck thumbs up and the fore arm across the throat.

Is that move Also called a Guillotine or does it have another name.

Thanx

Last edited: Nov 29, 2004
  2. andrewS

andrewS Banned Banned

The guillotine with the fingers, which can be used when they have their arm inside?

3. Sambo Master

Sambo Master Banned Banned

it is called a gi guilotine and it derrived from judo and you are meant to hold the gi aswell if it is the one i am thinking of mate tell me more about it.
    maybe a pic

4. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I believe I know the move you are talking of. There's guy at my Jujitsu club who uses them on occasion. The left arm behind their head, and their right forearm across their neck right?

Similar to the below picture:

[​IMG]

If so, then the move is called a forearm choke.

The arm behind their head/neck is useful as it opens up their throat and minimizes the chances of them tucking their chin in.

5. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

that can be one of the easiest moves to apply. if you get a hand behind the head the opponent usually think you are going for a neck crank and keeps his neck stiff, then your other arms can just creep inside dum de dum de dum and choke him out

6. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

You can normally feel when the opponent is trying to set it up, making the escape that little bit easier.

7. andrewS

andrewS Banned Banned

Are we talking eizekal (sp?) and variations of it?

8. TwIsT

TwIsT Son Of Odin!

Finally My Internet Is Working Again And YES thats the one. Thanx heaps :)

9. notquitedead

notquitedead used to be Pankration90

Forearms chokes are annoying...especially if they move their arm back and forth in a sawing motion (for some reason that made me throw up last time someone did it).

10. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

They can be very irritating. Especially if your unable to move their elbow to the side. Sometimes they can be replaced with such tactics as grinding your forearm into their face.

11. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I had the ELBOW in my throat, rather than the forearm. Hurt like hell and I couldnt eat anything when I got home.
    My trainer uses the forearm choke as a distraction while he works another part, if I havent already tapped/passed out to the choke.

12. Tyrant MMA

Tyrant MMA New Member

When wearing a gi I always enjoy poppin an ezikial choke in. Its one of the most brutal chokes out there as it comes on so fast and tight. I remember getting taught by a Bjj Brown belt and when I went back to my usual club I tried it on my first roll that night...poor sod he had no idea what I was doing until it was to late :)

13. TwIsT

TwIsT Son Of Odin!

I have used it before but was confused about its name.

On a note related to throat damage,in a pro wrestling match i was in the other day, i took a super kick straight to the throat and it's still bruised. It hurt alot.