Groin Shots.......

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by TwIsT, Nov 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotokanwarrior

shotokanwarrior I am the One

Wouldn't someone have died by now if they were? Maybe they have, and I just haven't heard of it?

2. SparcZ

SparcZ That's flexibility!

That was Tanaka Masahiko and he was pretty good... :D

Birthdate: Feb 24, 1941
    Birthplace: Tokyo
    University: Japan University
    Started Karate: 2nd year of university
    Motto: "Great-heartedness in the face of all"

Major Tournament Wins
    · 3rd IAKF World Karate Championship (Bremen, 1980)
    1st Place Group Kumite
    · 2nd IAKF World Karate Championship (Tokyo, 1977)
    1st Place Kumite
    · 1st IAKF World Karate Championship (Los Angeles, 1975)
    1st Place Kumite
    · 18th JKA All Japan Karate Championship (1975)
    1st Place Kumite
    · 17th JKA All Japan Karate Championship (1974)
    1st Place Kumite
    · 16th JKA All Japan Karate Championship (1973)
    3rd Place Kumite

3. SparcZ

SparcZ That's flexibility!

Just hope the defence team doesn't get a hold of your post. ;) :D

4. tel

tel absorb what is useful for

well the thing is weather they are effective or not,when sparring or real fighting the time and distance changes so qiucky that its either luck or u have to make time by destracting them by faking a head shot,but with this said it should be done with of a series of moves accident or otherwise

5. shotokanwarrior

What if they ARE women? :woo: :woo: :woo:

6. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

if they are don't fight them in the first place! :D :eek:

7. Noontidal

Noontidal Popeye

Well, in that case you rejoice in the lamentations of their men, simple adjustment. ;)

And what if they are lesbian women? - Again that reverts to the lamentation of their women.

Or if they are Gay guys? Well, then you rejoice in the lamentation of their men.

If they're Bi(male or female version)? Rejoice in the lamentation of their men AND women, making this one quite possibly the best.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2004
  8. Pericles

Pericles Valued Member

We appear to be somewhat bogged down in the lamentation department. Let us return to the politically INCORRECT subject of nut cracking. In Krav Maga there is a deception technique used when running from the scene. Stop abruptly, pivot on ball of leading foot and drive heel and sole of other foot into oncoming groin. Double impact!! The condition of the ground must be stable and dry, otherwise it's splits time.

Sparcz, the matter of self protection in the UK is about to be changed in favour of victim. Soon the situation where a burglar could sue a householder for injuries sustained during a fight will cease to be. And about time too!! A walking stick is a walking stick. It is like architecture. In Krav Maga, it is suggested a wall is useful for head ramming. The ground is also an assistant on occasion. If people do not attack you, then they do not get injured. That is plain sense. It would appear that UK law will soon reflect that reality.

One should also demonstrate a spirit of generosity towards an attacker. Give four blows back for every blow they offer.

Pericles

9. Karate_Man_1288

Karate_Man_1288 New Member

Well i've heard it is just as painful for women as it is for guys. It was discussed in the thread: "women shots" in the SD forum

Last edited: Dec 21, 2004
  10. shotokanwarrior

OOOHHHH!!!!!!! :woo: :woo: :woo:

11. Karate_Man_1288

Karate_Man_1288 New Member

I generally try not to fight women too. Not because I think they cant defend themselves, it just seems wrong

12. slig

slig he's so hot right now

I once had to have a testicle massaged out of my lower abdomen, where it had become lodged after a very solid boot by a guy about 20Kg heavier than me. If you can land a strike properly, its devestating.

Excruciating doesn't quite describe that special brand of dizzying pain...

13. Pastyti

Pastyti Banned Banned

I assume from what you have said, that you didn't sue the thug who perpetrated this foul act against you, neither did you sue the school for breach of contract under their "duty of care" implicit terms or for negligence in ensuring this type of thing does not happen. Why didn't you use the protection of the law. You could be considerably more wealthy by now

14. Yashka

Yashka New Member

Urgh...Oh my GOD...that's just brutal. Who massaged if for you?

15. samharber

samharber New Member

My experiences ahve taught me this. Being hit in my precious will drop me if I don't have an adrenaline dump. If the adrenaline is flowing its something I can shrug off for a while.

The fearsome d34dlyness of the groin strike in the dojo probably comes from the fact that when you're training, the adrenaline isn't flowing in the same way it would be in a real fight or competition.

16. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

Great and accurate summary. Adrenaline isn't something that's regularly present in school situations.

Note, there will always be exceptions to rules. But if you want to stay safe you play the rule not the exception.

Groin shots hurt. But they are not guarenteed to put someone down. And if the posts on this thread are an example, we;ve had as many example of people shrugging them off as dropping. And when something gets even close to 50%/50% then you can't count on it to work by itself.

- Matt

17. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

We've gone way of topic. And by the looks of things, we've also completely exhausted this subject. So, before this goes anywhere else, let's lock this down...

*Clunk*

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.