Groin Shots.......

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by TwIsT, Nov 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snake_plisskin

snake_plisskin Valued Member

Ouch!

Gee, had I only known...

...in tenth grade I told my friend I liked this girl. Well, I told him to tell her. He sauntered over to her and said...something. Whatever it was, it wasn't that I simply "liked" her. I think it had to do with me wanting to perform a certain sex act that would result in her brain leaving her cranium, but he's never quite fessed up and told me his exact words...

Barb walked casually up to me and "pinged" me in the groin--the tip of her cheerleader shoe went "BING!" against my nuts. Just a little "flick." Game over. I was down on the high school floor, my big ugly '80's glasses almost knocked off my head from the "tiny" hit.

She had a really good wind-up, and I just stood there, thinking she was going to maybe bat her eyes at me, or ask me if I had a date to the Romance by the Sea Dance. Silly boy, kicks are for groins.

Okay, so THAT "little kick" landed square on my "sack" and dropped me in about .6 seconds.

Years later, I found myself with my friends in a big, um, college melee at a bar. Fists, feet, beer cups, blonds, everything went flying, everyone was swingin'...

Someone went "WHUMP!" and whacked me full-force in the groin with a foot--or something, at least. I actually left the ground for a second. I think it was a female rugby player whose butt I pinched [I'm not entirely sure it was female, but it was a rugby player, at least :)], but my beer goggles were kind of fogged up that night.

Not a thing happened.

Nothing. At least at first.

No...wait...wait...wait for it....

...Uuuuuuuuugh! The pain spread, like rivers of white-hot lava slowly ploughing through my arteries, from my groin, and then like burning tendrils of agony all through my body. But it was NOT "instant", and it was NOT "total" nor "fully debilitating". I was too drunk to really TELL how much pain I was in.

My instant reaction was, after considerable drunken self-deliberation, like, "Who the hell just kicked me in...the...balls???"

But, I did NOT drop to the ground--and I'm only 160 soaking wet, on a good day, when my spirits are heavy (haha)--I did NOT fall over like in the movies, and I did NOT find my balls popping out of my mouth ala "Naked Gun". Oh, the, um, "Dick Shield", as it's often called, DID help out matters a little, but not a lot.

However, probably as much to do with the total mayhem surrounding us, and just wanting to not get a beer bottle rammed into my eyeball, I didn't have time to become an enraged madman, either. More like an indignant sod is like it. I stumbled from the bar with the rest of the crowd, kicked out by the swarm of bouncers, and never looked back. But I never hit the ground, and I wasn't turned into a semi-paralyzed, blathering, drooling moron by the groin hit.

Try kicking the femoral artery instead. Hard. Or just punch the side of the neck and collapse the jugular. Hard.

And stop trying to kick drunken, angry, adrenaline-dumping meth freaks, steroid-hazed, bloody-eyed 'Roid Boys, and vodka chugging, beer-funneling, bad karaoke'ing, enraged Don Juan wannabes in the groin.

2. BendzR

BendzR New Member

Well this is my first post.. so Hi! :D (18yr old guy, studying CLF Kung Fu in Perth, Australia)

Anyways, as far as the 'groin shots' go..

When you deliver a very hard blow to a male's gems it tends to have a delayed reaction. If they are high on adrenaline, when the nerves react, you tend to shrug it off.

My Sifu was telling us about how the most effective way to attack someone in the nuts as a result of what I said above, is to actually whip-like FLICK (like with the back of ur hand/nails) them in the nuts. Sounds obsurd but apparently it hurts a lot more because it affects u instantly.

It sounds to me, based on other people's stories that this is true.. "Small" sudden force seems to work better then just a big powerhouse kick.

My dad who did Shotokan Karate for 17 years in South Africa (was in the National JKA team back in his days) went to Japan for some big tournament. In the final rounds a Japanese 8th Dan (by the name of Tanaka Something I think it were) kicked his opponent so fast and sudden between the legs, he broke the cup into 3 pieces and the guy was sent to hospital - obviously incapible of contining the match :D

So it does work.. if you know how ?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2004
  3. snailfist

snailfist Valued Member

I think it depends greatly on the power and direction of the strike. The RMP ("redcaps") are taught when using their batons that the genitals is a "red" area, ie. an area likely to cause permanent injury or death when struck with sufficient force, as the way you hit it with their batons (bringing it up sharply between the legs) can result in pushing the testicles inside the body and damaging the internal organs above it. :eek:

4. Singto Laaw

Singto Laaw Strictly Muay Thai

I havent read the full thread, but I will in two secs..

They are not effective in stopping your opponent, they are a distraction only.
    Always go for the throat first, then....

The groin shot is ineffective as a stopping techniques simply because of time delay, and the fact that yes some people will just shake it off or not feel the pain.

A groin shot is good for one thing, a distraction to do something else, like leg it, or to follow up with necessary force.

Effectiveness should be assessed by what you are trying to do next.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2004
  5. Pericles

Pericles Valued Member

Testicle debaters,

Read this.

Last Updated: Tuesday, 2 November, 2004, 12:16 GMT

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

Man loses testicle after attack

A man had to have a testicle removed after he was attacked in the street in north Worcestershire.
    West Mercia Police said the victim was repeatedly kicked and punched by two men as he walked along Birmingham Road in Hagley on Sunday night.

The man, who is in his late 20s, was operated on the following day after he went to hospital in considerable pain.

The offenders were driven away from the scene in a car containing two women, who police are asking to come forward.

'No motive'

The attack happened in the bus lay-by opposite the Ferrari and Porsche garage at about 2230 GMT.

Det Con Pete Wheeler said: "At this stage there is no motive for the attack, which was vicious and has left a man with a serious injury that has now changed his life."

"I would like to speak to the two women in the car who probably didn't realise that the man was so badly injured.

"They may be frightened about contacting us but they can speak to us confidentially or they can contact the Crimestoppers number anonymously on 0800 555 111."

The way I see it, in terms of Krav Maga, is "Multiple strikes until you gain compliance"

Regards,

Pericles

6. Judderman

Judderman 'Ello darlin'

In which case surely multimple strikes just about anywhere on the body would gain compliance.

I guess we're all looking for that magickal answer, the one hit fight, the fight stopper, the dream. Problem is there is probably just as much evidence towards this particular target as there is against. Then throw in adrenal activity, not to mention drink or drugs and you've got a problem.

A groin strike will do damage and inflict pain, but it won't be the fight ender that we're all led to believe it will be. Look at the groin as an inverted triangle, the pubic bone on the top with the two other sides running down from the points of the pelvis. Now where would you like to hit? It surely wouldn't be that nasty looking point at the base would it?

Nah, you go for the "flat" areas of the triangle. The top of the pubic bone, in the centre, the hips, struck from the front, and the grooves that run down each side of the groin, which contain a large number of muscles, nerves and blood vessels. These will cause great pain and damage, but won't necassarily stop your opponent IMO, but they should make them highly unstable and give them a nasty limp for a few weeks.

Should you need to strike the "points" of the triangle then the genitals react quite nicely to a flick as mentioned earlier, the hip shove can be used to destablise the opponent. Both these are set ups for further techniques and are very much dependant upon where you are in relation to your opponent.

7. munkiejunkie

munkiejunkie sanity's requiem

if groin shots dont work, then i know something that will: grap nuts, lift to shouder hight, drop, and stomp. called the cristmas hold(handfull of nuts :D )

8. Judderman

Judderman 'Ello darlin'

What do people like to wear these days?

Jeans.

Ever tried grabbing someones genitals when they're wearing jeans?

Not to mention the furious beating that would probably ensue because its close to impossible to rip genitals away through clothing.

9. Singto Laaw

Singto Laaw Strictly Muay Thai

No sense of humour!!! Jeans not a problem, go for the secret five finger fever speed ball bag ripper technique. :cry:

10. TwIsT

TwIsT Son Of Odin!

I just feel that the pain over all of a thigh kick is most devastating and incapacitating that a groin kick.

11. CobraMaximus

CobraMaximus Banned Banned

A groin kick I wud say is more of a shock move that surprises you and leaves you in a lot of pain but a thigh shot hurts and can slow you down in the rest of a fight.

12. TwIsT

TwIsT Son Of Odin!

Good post.

Also,the femur is pretty easy to break so a good thigh kick can give you a BIG advantage.

13. Judderman

Judderman 'Ello darlin'

Easy to break? From what ive seen its easier to break your foot or shin. Not a good sign when these are the things you'll be striking with.

As with all targets in order to get maximum effect from a thigh strike, you need to be acurate. This is harder than you think in a fight. From the kickboxing matches I've seen, it usually requires a number of strikes to the same area to show any great effect. Not the ideal in a self defence situation.

14. snailfist

snailfist Valued Member

Somewhere on the "Is Muay Thai effective in the street?" thread in the styles/MT forum, Yoda describes kicking someone on the inside of the thigh and watching them just collapse. He said it suprised him too but there we are...

15. Judderman

Judderman 'Ello darlin'

That would make sense. In theory I would imagine that inside the thigh can also collapse the knee, as the opponents leg and weight will be shifted. On a similar note I was told of an occassion where someone was punched on the top of the pubic bone, which had a similar effect.

Interesting point though.

16. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

Just note that the reason for the collapse is that just like on the outside of the thigh, there is a major nerve line running on the inside of the thigh. Having been hit on both lines I can say that a solid stike will render the leg temporaily useless. But like Jud said, the chances of breaking a femur are extremely low!

- Matt

17. snailfist

snailfist Valued Member

Last edited: Nov 10, 2004
  18. TwIsT

TwIsT Son Of Odin!

From What i know and my experience,the femur is the easiest bone to break (I'm talking overall,with striking accuracy etc,fingers are way easier to break but i think you get my picture,if not please complain), But then again that is just me, people have different experiences and stuff so i'm not aboot to try and force it on people.

Inside thigh kicks are a specialty from my MA friends... Never punched a pubic bone though,and if i have it has been one of my rediculous 'doob' punches,another specialty of mine.

19. MarioBro

MarioBro Banned Banned

Received a groin shot today, the best one I have gotten yet and it still was not hard. I dropped like a stone, and this backs up my orginal theory that a well placed groin shot would do the trick. I received it from a white belt, so thankfully there was not alot of skill in it...if it was a skilled kick, I would have been in much worse shape.

20. mididoctors

mididoctors Valued Member

the groin is IME the number one target

1. kicks are at longest range hip groin height IE kicks to the lower legs are shorter range as your leg is attached at the hip which conviently is the same height as the groin

2 IT IS effective... no doubt exceptions occur but in the main they pull and buckle then rotate away and for some reason anti clockwise is pretty common? you follow up any way just as any other effective strike.

3 requires good placement but is easier to hit than the head... it is embedded into the commitment of the targets feet unlike the head which can evade never mind being defended by the hands..

4 following on from 3 most importantly the groin is exposed in relation too your opponents footwork and stance and responding to how he is moving both reveals the target and protects you at the same time as defensive placement and attacking footwork meld into one simplicity... entire sytems are based on position of the axis and groin.

Boris
    london

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.