Greg Park (Choson Ninja)

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by aikidoka-je, Oct 20, 2010.

1. aikidoka-je

aikidoka-je Blue Floral Belt

First off I must say, I know very little about ninjutsu, as I have only read a few books, and have done some ninja weapons training.

I am wondering is there anyone here in the ninjutsu forum that knows anything about this Greg Park besides his martial arts instructions on youtube?

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChosonNinja

He seems to get allot of criticism, but he seems like a pretty nice guy.

2. RhadeConstantin

RhadeConstantin King of Badasses

Why does his uniform say DTG karate?

3. aikidoka-je

DTG (dedicated to god) karate is supposedly a dojo of his.

He's quite interesting so I'm trying to find out more about him, but I have not been able to find anything on him outside of the internet.

4. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

He's a fraud, a nut job and well that about sums it up.

5. RhadeConstantin

Dedicated to God? why, isn't there someone better to dedicate to like Pam Anderson?

6. aikidoka-je

I've heard he lies about history, but the stuff he teaches looks pretty cool, and effective.

I guess I don't understand something.

Nothin' wrong with being religious, is there? LOL

7. KiddReige

KiddReige The Six Samurai-Zanji

Hes been discussed here a lot. Search function. ChosonNinja

8. aikidoka-je

I apologize if threads just like this have been posted here before. (I will be sure to read the other threads about him posted here.)

9. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

How do you train weapons in an art that you confess to knowing nothing about other than reading a few books? If ninjutsu really interests you might I suggest you find a club near you and go and have a look to see if it likes you.

10. RhadeConstantin

I didn't know ninjutsu came from Korea.

11. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

i resemble that comment!

12. aikidoka-je

I hope you'll excuse me for not being clear. (I have that problem) I meant to say that I have practiced with weapons, using techniques that come from Ninjutsu.

Such practices include Shuriken Jutsu and knife throwing.

I will probably re-locating soon, so you can bet I'll be looking into ninja academies in the area.

It's quite obvious that is doesn't. What I think Mr Parks claim is, is that he teaches a style that comes from Korea. But I could be wrong, I don't know everything. LOL

13. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Shuriken usage is not unique to "ninjutsu". To be honest it sounds like you've been playing at being Ninja!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  14. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

Mr. Parks has had several internet run ins with people from this forum. In the end (looks like it wasn't the end), he apologized for how he'd miffed people and, I believe, concentrated his efforts around his DTG karate. Something I'd consider when viewing his "ninjutsu weapons" stuff is whether or not he's being safe with himself and the people around him. Practice weapons exist for a reason but they aren't as showy.

Another thing to consider is that if whatever weapon he's demonstrating was to come into contact with something while he's spinning it around, does that look like something that would've been effective on a battlefield or would it look more like an accident? I'm not talking about Chris Farley ninjutsu here. I'm talking about being safe and aware of what you're doing when you're weilding something dangerous.

There are sword arts in Korea but why doesn't he claim to be teaching those instead of claiming he's teaching some type of blade arts associated with a known or unknown ninjutsu ryu? Whatever you decide to do, please be careful when it comes to whipping live edged weapons around. Any accidents are going to change your life or someone elses.

Good luck with your search and in finding what you're looking for.

:hat:

15. Ninjuries

Ninjuries The Man Who Genbukan Supporter

Gotta hand it to Mr Winchester on that one... BUUUTTT...

It sounds like you've grown out of 'playing ninja' and are looking to start training seriously, or at least check out authentic training. If so then great. :) Don't expect to become an actual shuriken-lobbing ninja turtle and you'll probably find a rewarding and taxing though fulfilling martial art. :)

As SpikeD says go find the nearest dojo and book a couple of lessons. Ignore online training and learning from videos and don't pay any attention to Choson. I'm sure he's sincere and means well but videos don't cut it for me.

Best of luck! :)

16. Manga

Manga Moved On

Fu Bag said - "In the end (looks like it wasn't the end), he apologized for how he'd miffed people and, I believe, concentrated his efforts around his DTG karate."

As I recall, this wasn't quite correct. Rather, he stopped calling what he was doing "ninjutsu" and changed the name to "Dedicated To God Karate". The material was the same, he just didn't want the ninjutsu people attacking him any more.

I'll never forget that ninja sword he demonstrated on one of his videos, the one where the blades popped out like Darth Maul's lightsaber. It was lulzy :hat: Sadly, I think he took it down shortly after and began his bawwwfest about how he was just trying to help people. Does anyone remember the sword videos by his student "KunoichiLaura"? They were lulzworthy too :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/user/KunoichiLaura

Incidentally, I just noticed that he's also using the term "Dedicated To God Taihojutsu" too so keep that in mind when Googling ;)

17. Ninjuries

Yeah but we came to the conclusion that KunoichiLaura had just bought the hype. Can't really be blamed too far. If she'd NOT done that and sought out some decent training she might have been really something.

/whiteknighting. :p

18. Manga

Manga Moved On

This video is new, only three days old :hat:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OItI0eDdxSs"]YouTube - Requested video (re steath sword)[/ame]

19. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

Ugh..... Thanks for the correction. I just hope someone doesn't get seriously hurt. For the OP and anyone who comes across this thread, please check out this article for some real perspective when watching internet weapons demonstrations/training videos:

http://www.sword-buyers-guide.com/sword-fighting.html

You really want to avoid any accidents coming from showy stuff with live blades.

:hat:

20. Ninjuries

I'mma check that out when I'm not at work. It could be AWESOME for all I know. :p

What's a "steath" sword?