Greetings

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Nonprophet, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Nonprophet

Nonprophet New Member

Ok here goes. I am a 32 year old male martial artist from Southern Iowa. I have trained in the past in Judo, Tang Soo Do, and Boxing. All of those were hit and miss until I found my current instructor. I have been studying a Hybrid system of martial arts called Bushi Tai Jutsu for 12 years now and have reached the level of third degree black belt. The system basically incorporates a number of different systems and some of the practice and theory of JKD as well as Jun Fan Wing Chun in an attempt to create a system that is practical for protecting one's self and others. The system is less traditional in it's approach and as such pretty much anything goes as long as it is practical. I also spent two years training with Team Miletich here in Iowa and got to meet and work out with a lot of big name fighters. That was a lot of fun. I work for the Dept. Of Corrections and I ride a Harley as a hobby (well it's the best hobby I have anyway). Other than that.... I'm happy to be here. :D

2. Emil

Emil Valued Member

Welcome to MAP nonprophet. Just out of interest, does you club have a website?

Regards

Emily

3. Nonprophet

Nonprophet New Member

No ma'am it doesn't. My group is small and very infromal. My instructor was assistant under another guy in another school a long time ago but people move or don't get along and he was never one to be known or have a lot of students or anything else. So he got a "real job" and taught more as a hobby. Since JKd in the late 70's and early 80's was very controlled he decided to take his own unique experiences and create a system based on his ideas and unique skills and training and thus was born Bushi Tai Jutsu. He is a very old fashioned guy who wouldn't know how to turn a computer on if you asked him to so he doesn't have any ideas about a website. I have thought about getting the black belts together (as of now there are 5 of us) and trying to put an informational website together but personally after seeing how people treat systems they don't know, I don't think I would open myself or my instructor up to so much disrespect from people based solely on their ignorance. Thanks for the welcome and I hope you don't mind my long winded reply.

4. Semper Fi

Semper Fi Valued Member

Welcome to Map.

5. Nonprophet

Nonprophet New Member

Thank you.