Greetings

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by DrunkenMasterBE, Feb 10, 2014.

1. DrunkenMasterBE

DrunkenMasterBE Valued Member

Hello all i have been reading on this forum for a while so i finnaly made on account.Im 17 years old i started kickboxing at the age of 5 followed by boxing,traditional kung fu and finnaly my new love Jeet Kune Do.
    :)

2. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Greetings!

3. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Welcome to MAP.

Baza

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Wilkommen

5. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

JKD, smart man.

Who are you under?

6. DrunkenMasterBE

I will sent you the name in a PM because i dont want to start something on here :)

7. Simon

Your PM service isn't yet activated. You'll need a few more posts under your belt.

You're not complelled to tell us who your instructor is if you don't want to, but you'll not be sarting anything if you do.

My lineage is Lee Banda under Bob Breen.

Simon.

8. DrunkenMasterBE

My teacher is Emil Martirossian i know there are alot of lies going around but i know he is the real deal thats the only thing that matters:)

9. Simon

A lot of training is about being happy with your class, fellow students and instruction.

Stick with it, as you'll be exposed to so many opportunities through your JKD training.

10. DrunkenMasterBE

I did some martial arts styles and Emil's JKD is the one i enjoy the most :)
    Ofc i will put my own elements into it

11. Hannibal

"Real Deal" or not - and I have my own views on that - the fact you enjoy it is by far the most important, and there is no requirement or need to justify something that you simply enjoy

12. DrunkenMasterBE

Ofc not evryone likes the same thing i respect that ,not evryones jkd is the same anyway:)

13. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

.... Until combat application is questioned.

Anyway, welcome to MAP man, it's nice to have you :)

14. TheWiseOne

TheWiseOne Banned Banned

Important information.

"I have not invented a "new style," composite, modified or otherwise that is set within distinct form as apart, from "this" method or "that" method. On the contrary, I wish to free my followers from clinging to styles, patterns, or molds. My movements are simple, direct and non-classical. Jeet Kune Do is simple the direct expression of one's feelings with the minimum of movements and energy. Let me remind you Jeet Kune Do is just a name used, a boat to get one across, and once across it, it is to be discarded and not to be carried on one's back." - Bruce Lee

I hope you know what this means. It says it all in the last sentence.

15. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Is that the one people use for making up any old nonsense and passing it off as being "personal" ?

:eek:

16. TheWiseOne

TheWiseOne Banned Banned

What does that mean?

17. Dean Winchester

Quotes and ideas such as that are often used as an excuse or "rationale" for people not training, going off on their own or making up stuff.

18. Hannibal

Only an issue if that is the stated raison d'etre for the art of course :)

19. Dean Winchester

Welcome to MAP dude.

Have fun and watch out for the Ninja.