Greetings! Travelling martial artist from the UK here

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Ninja_Lee, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Ninja_Lee

Ninja_Lee Valued Member

Hey everybody, my name is Lee, I'm a martial artist from the UK. I'm from near Manchester and I currently live in Edinburgh, training and coaching between the two.

My style is freestyle karate, I am 3rd Dan black belt. I will train with anyone and in any style. I also compete in different styles, Karate, Muay Thai, and Kickboxing so far.

I run a blog; Link removed

Link removed

This is my latest video, I'm training the retraction of my shots, to double up on the right straight.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owN1TqsU2fM"]Heavy Bag Boxing Combination try on Three Bags - YouTube[/ame]

Nice to meet you all, I look forwards to networking!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2014
  2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Welcome to MAP.

I'm sorry but we don't allow links back to personal sites.

3. Ninja_Lee

Ninja_Lee Valued Member

Cheers, and no problem. I've been reading through the rule threads but didn't see that, thanks for the heads up!

How do you embed videos on here?

4. Simon

Video embedded for you.

Always nice to see videos of MAP members.

5. Ninja_Lee

Ninja_Lee Valued Member

Thanks Simon, that was really quick!

6. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Edinburgh ftw! I train at Rick Youngs place :)

7. Simon

I've heard that before. :whistle:

8. Ninja_Lee

Ninja_Lee Valued Member

Excellent! I'm just a few miles out of town in Musselburgh. I trained near Rick's place the other weak with a team called Headhunters.

My coach David Breed is friends with Rick, he did a seminar at our gym years ago, I was a teenager back at the time, it had a lasting effect on my training. Rick's a fantastic instructor, I'm actually considering joining you gyms in the next few months! :D

Haha! :p

9. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Yeah I know a few of the headhunters guys :)

10. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Welcome to MAP - Nice Video - I like the teleportation skills where you dissapear from one place and reappear somewhere else... Maybe you can teach that at a MAP Meet :) :) :) :) :) :)

11. Ninja_Lee

Ninja_Lee Valued Member

Ah ace, I didn't think I would start getting to know local people already, this is cool.

It was a thai boxing class, Marcin (I think that's the right spelling) took the session, but I didn't really get anyone's name. I'll be going back for sure, great atmosphere.

Ha! cheers ;) Slick move isn't it? ;)

12. DragonMMA

DragonMMA Boards don't hit back.

Welcome!

13. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Welcome to MAP.

Props for the video, look forward to seeing your contributions on the site.

Cheers

Dan