Green Tea Extract Supplements

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Kenpo_Iz_Active, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Kenpo_Iz_Active

Kenpo_Iz_Active Greek Warrior-not 300

. . .Do they provide more of the benefits green tea provides?

2. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Yes because they are far more concentrated. You get a lot more of the ECGCs and other beneficial compounds that would take 15 or so cups to get from normal tea. A good compromise is taking both.

3. Kenpo_Iz_Active

Both, you say? OK, thanks a lot. . . See, i want to get back on a vitamin and the green tea extract regimen. I did when i was way younger (just the vitamins).

4. Kenpo_Iz_Active

One more thing. . . i know it sounds paranoid, but age isn't a real problem, right?
    because i know that they are considered dietary supplements.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2007
  5. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

What do you mean a vitamin regimen?

Diet comes first - Meat, vegetables, fruit etc. No use having green tea extract if you're eating bread all day.

I wouldn't consider taking green tea extract much of a hazard at any age unless obviously you are taking too much.

6. Kenpo_Iz_Active

funny thing, i hardly eat. mornin' is very little, lunch like a hoagie, dinner is my real course. I just thought i would start taking vitamins to help me get the ones i miss out on.

no worries though. i'll just get the regular multi-vitamins.

BTW, i decided to hold up on the green tea supplements 'till i confer w/ my physician to get thing rolling (the right way). Thanks anyways.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007
  7. Kenpo_Iz_Active

meh. . .maybe its best to fix my diet a bit more. Topic closed. thanks fer the feedback.

8. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Probably if your earlier statement is accurate.

9. neuf08

neuf08 New Member

You don't mention your age, but you did ask about age being an issue. If you are very young, you might be best off to just stick with a good multivitamin, and work on healthier eating and exercise habits. Green tea extract is an excellent supplement, and you will get more benefits from the extract that just drinking the tea, as it's far more concentrated. However, I wouldn't begin supplementing with that at a young age. If you're wanting some of the benefits of it though, then just add in some green tea to drink here and there throughout the course of the week until supplementation is a better idea. Green tea also suppresses the appetite a bit, so if you're currently not eating enough as it is, then you definitely don't want to be taking something that may cause you to eat even less.