Great seminar Yoda, thanks!

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by silverfox_y2k, Dec 16, 2003.

1. silverfox_y2k

silverfox_y2k Valued Member

This past saturday (13th Dec 2003) I attended a stick grappling seminar in Walton by none other than our very own Yoda. He illustrated a number of interesting and functional concepts on the day.

We started with a number of drills/excercises that were based upon the art of Krabi kabrong (sp?), which emphasised attacking with the stick from a very long range and distance. This part was great, but the floors of the hall were terrible, as Yoda said it was like someone had taken a kebab to it the night before! This made the training the drills interesting, since all particpants were trying to launch attacks from 6 feet away and trying not to slip all over the place. lol!

The second part of the seminar was just as good as the first. Here, Yoda introduced conepts with grappling with a stick and also used the dreaded "fang" or "punyo" choke. I for one experienced first hand a number of submissions that Yoda demonstared on me...and dam it hurt like hell! But was previleged that he showed me these techniques.

Yoda's assistant for the day was Graham, who was great in helping all of us perform the techniques the best we could. And by the end of it was tapping my partner out nicely! :)

All in all a good day was had by all particpants:D

Thanks again to both Yoda and Graham for taking the time to come down and take us for a seminar down south.

Let me know when your down here again Yoda...can't wait for the next one.

Regards

Mark

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Thanks Mark - I had a great time :D

Don't forget the Fireman's pole :D

3. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

haha, puno chokes, unlucky. Some painful stuff with sticks, we do some kali stick work at our club. There's some killers where u put the stick in someones elbow joint and close it up and lie on it etc. So useful, I love kali. The idea of going from sticks to knives and then open hand is such a good concept as well.

4. silverfox_y2k

silverfox_y2k Valued Member

yeh tell me about it..using a stick whilst grappling adds another degree of pain to an already very painful experience.