Grappling Techniques

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Cougar_v203, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

I understand Cain, and I take no personal offence. I have no real Proctological background, so the implications are potentially very serious. :D

My only experience of proper grappling was Yoda laying his weight on top of me till I took an Asthma attack, then getting triangle choked by one of his students. On second innings, I managed to get a couple of neck-crank submissions on one of the other guys, but ground fighting is not my forte.

If I found myself in that situation for real, then I would do whatever I could, and that includes all of the above, plus nastier stuff too.

I recognise that it is something I need to work on, but I am focussing on other things right now.
    I have a few ideas about 'not' going to the ground, and they are 'not' based on round kicks to the jaw!
    They are also not things I would be prepared to do in anything other than a life threatening encounter.

(Dave, I was told that you have a notorious biter in your club!)

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Sadly that's true - never does it to me for some reason though.

3. Andy Murray

Dave (maybe you taste bad!), I have to say;

If I was working out with you guys and someone started biting me, I'd find it hard not to lose the plot and 'go haggis'. Not to say I'd come out on top, but I'd be throwing the rulebook out of the window.

4. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

u guys sometimes scares me :D
    -TkdWarrior-

5. Cain

Cain New Member

LOL! That be rite reaction dude :D

Andy, don't be offended by that, I definitely don't look forward to getting bit by someone :eek: besides it happes that I have a nasty reputation for dealing with the sparring rule breakers :woo:

And don't worry, my vote is still on you 'cause big bear scares the livin' snot outta me :D

|Cain|

6. Mr Heel Hook

Mr Heel Hook New Member

Someone goes for my butt they are in real trouble. I can crack coconuts between my cheeks. This technique takes years to master, so don't try this at home.

7. Andy Murray

You say this in theory Mr HH, but have you ever tested yourself against an experienced prober???

(On second thought's, maybe you don't want to answer that!)

8. Mr Heel Hook

Mr Heel Hook New Member

I plead the 5th, my good friend!

9. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

LMAO...
    just wondering if u could crak the screw driver too :D ;)
    -TkdWarrior-

10. Mr Heel Hook

Mr Heel Hook New Member

Crack, no? Bend it into the shape of a pentagon: yes. :D Im telling you, those "Buns of Steel" tapes work.

11. Solane

Solane New Member

I am just wondering how the hell you guys managed to change a request for Grappling Techniques in the Ninjutsu forum, into a bloody discussion on which is better BJJ or TKD.

I think it was very improper of Mr HH to come into our forum and say my art is the best. When I am posting in your forums I try to keep my posts to constructive comments or advise. It would be very easy for me to say Ninjutsu is better than the rest and probably end up doing the same by blowing the original request out of the water and high jacking the discussion.

I did Judo for 8 years and have a good knowledge of it, and Ninjutsu has some very effective and decisive techniques that would not be allowed in a competition environment. Their names slip my mind but I have been on the receiving end of them enough times from my instructor to know they work.

So if you want a BJJ is better than TKD discussion, then take it into your own forum if you have nothing constructive to add.

Solane

12. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

don't wonder my freind it always happen... :D get used to it..
    -TkdWarrior-

13. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Ain't that the truth. Probably ask what your favorite color is and it would end up a "my style is better than yours" argument.

14. Andy Murray

No it would'nt, cos Black is the best ok!

For the millionth time!

Look at the writing at the top of the screen to see which forum you are on before you reply, and bloody well respect the idiocy of the comments posted there, regardless of how superior your opinion is!

If you want to contend any issues, then do it in 'General Discussion'

Don't make me say this again!

Gnash Gnash

15. Solane

Solane New Member

Thanks Andy I think that was backing up what I said not sure though. :)
    Is this a constructive comment? (Respect the idiocy of the comments posted there). Well if not I’m not arguing with a moderator or am I. Oh god I’m doing it now. :)

I think constructive comments from other styles of MA are fine, I have no problem with someone saying I think we have good techniques of that in our style have a look. But just walking in and saying my MA is the best so there. Sounds childish and is not helpful for the person asking the original question.

Solane

Last edited: Mar 16, 2003
  16. Cain

Cain New Member

Yes, Master Andy, sorry for my bad behaviour, please give me another chance :)

Solane, you are probably rite there, sorry for hijacking the thread

Now just in case as to keep this post on topic, I come back to Cougar's question, the weakest possible part to hit on the face are probably the eyes, but you can't spar like that and most people are very touchy about striking the eyes, my advice is to use this ONLY as a last resort, or you could end up in serious legal trouble ;)

|Cain|

17. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

<No it would'nt, cos Black is the best ok!>
    hey andy how could that happens? KF doesn't use that color :D
    if u like black then u must be doing TKD :D
    LMAO...
    see how easy?

PS: sorry guys i m just having fun, but i think in the starting of thread Mike hav given some good answers. n solane pointed out some specifically moves in NJ, cougar was asking for street oriented grappling which was very much sure to get towards my style vs ur style. :)
    -TkdWarrior-

18. Solane

Solane New Member

Lol

Yes there have been some very helpful posts for him.
    I was a bit ratty still this morning had to be in work for 6.30am on a sunday sucks. So was catching up on the posts and thought where the hell was the post heading. So posted my earlier comments. I still stand by what I said, just probably wouldnt have been so blunt if it wasnt so early when I posted. :)

later

Solane

19. Mr Heel Hook

Mr Heel Hook New Member

Ummm, you might want to get your facts right before getting your undies in a bunch. There was no point that I said Gracie Jiu Jitsu was the best MA over all. The threads question is "Are there any good grappling techniques for the streets." So I answered the question. If it started to sound different it was because people said that was more of a ring style and whatnot then a "street" style. So In turn I explain that Gracie Jiu Jitsu was born for the concept of street fighting. Again, answering the question of the thread. So, as is, if the question is "what are the best...blah blah blah" my answer is Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. So if people want to argue with me over that, I am going to argue back. However i didn't start anything. So calm yourself and excuse me for "littering" your thread or what ever trite little thing you might have to say.

Oh, and to stay on post subject: Yes, a good solid punch to the chin will typicaly drop someone. But most people fight with their chin down keeping it a bit shielded. Another good way to ring someones bell is an open palm slap right to the ear...almost as though you were kinda cupping the ear. It's a bit of a surprise technique (as in they wern't expecting it) but works very well.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2003
  20. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

hell yea you go mr.heel lol.
    thanks for the help.