Grappling Techniques

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Cougar_v203, Mar 12, 2003.

1. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

yup Mr Heel Hook i'll be glad to be act as a good host n will not kill u ;)
    if u don't know let me tell u i hav good background in Traditional Indian Wrestling not extensive as ur's in GJJ but i think TIW is good enuff to take on GJJ.
    -TkdWarrior-

2. Cain

Cain New Member

ya and our champion wrestler Hanuman can beat 10 Bruce Lees and Gracies packed together :D

Seriously speaking I'd go with Tkdwarrior on this one, the wrestlers here are quite compotent

|Cain|

3. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

<the wrestlers here are quite compotent>

LoL yea sure... compotent?? LMAO
    -TkdWarrior-

4. Mr Heel Hook

Mr Heel Hook New Member

Whats indian wrestling like?

5. Jim

Jim New Member

Kinda like a combo of Thai and Chinese but they favour curry.

6. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

LoL... Jim is quite on the point...
    it's very good mix of standup n ground wrestling and added lots of bone breaking chin-na/techniques plus massage therapy, bone setting...like those arts which provides u with techniques to harm n to heal... there is weapon too basically stick(6 feet, 11 feet and 14 feet) and sword too...

from my knowledge of Indian style is that it has been proved against single or multiple oppnt. just about 20+ yrs back wrestlers used to held competitions in which they were supposed to win against single/multiple oppnts...
    after my grandpa no one from his family were intrested in wrestling except me so i couldn't get my family art :( but was always intrested in it that why i learnt wrestling.
    -TkdWarrior-

7. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Style vs style again, always ends in tears :D

BJJ is a great art, developed for a purpose by a family of fighters. Also don't forget the Gracies would still be great fighters if it was karate/kung fu/judo they trained in.

I still don't think its the art that won the UFC's, but the way the Gracies trained. Almost like they trained from birth for these UFC style events.

I did train in Judo then a little jujitsu, even if it had been BJJ my grappling skills would still only be as good as the time I put in. Style is just one factor in becoming a good fighter. IMO ;)

8. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

yea that's why i m saying TKD rocks :D
    -TkdWarrior-

9. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

*cough*right*cough* :) kidding
    anyways Thanks for the info now i'm changing the subject to "where do you hit the person in the head to make them lose motor control?" good luck answering this :D

10. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

simple dude...
    where it hurts the most :D

sorry for tearing up ur thread apart :)
    -TkdWarrior-

11. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Well perhaps the specifics need to be on a TKD Vs BJJ thread, though this kind of thing has been hammered out so many times before on the web, I'm not sure I could be bothered moderating it.

BJJ guy enters TKD Tournament, he'd get his ass and head kicked.

TKD guy enters BJJ event, and he get's bounced on his head.

Neither of the above is real life.

Rules=Not real.

You could argue about which system is more realistic all day long, but at the end of the day;

A BJJ guy with no knowledge of striking systems, will get killed on the street. The big danger in going straight to the ground is that you may not be facing one opponent. Ipso facto, you need more than just BJJ. Enter MMA (not the 'be all and end all' either)

The TKD guy needs to be aware of what might happen, if his supporting leg gets taken away while he goes for that knockout roundhouse to the head. Not only be aware of the consequences, but be able to do something about them.

For the grapplers; try putting that lock on while I have my teeth on your nipple, a finger behind your eyeball, a finger up your ass and my mate is sticking a screwdriver in your kidneys.

For the TKD guys; TKD is one of the most visible arts, cos people can go and see it in every sports hall in the country and there will be 4 or 5 eleven year old BB's there. So if there is a more street effective side of it that most folks have missed, then surely you can understand why?

12. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

ok i keep my mouth shut :-X
    -TkdWarrior-

13. Cain

Cain New Member

Hehe well said Andy :D

I may also thing it depends on ur preffered range or the range at which the fight is happening, someone said this - Strike a grappler and grapple a striker :D

@Cougar

I had read somewhere that a good strike to the chin can easily knock down an opponent, it causes a vital part in the brain to bounce which leads to unconsciousness

It's called something like a 'Medula Oblongeta' .......I think

PS - excuse me for my bad spells :)

|Cain|

14. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

My Jujitsu friend had that problem! :D

He's probably a better crappler, but he was a bit shocked when I bit his ear! And he struggled against fingers to pressure points beacuse it was not part of his game, its easy to get pretty nasty in grappling situations, fingers to eyes, throat, ears etc can hurt far more than any lock! ;)

15. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

lmao. ahhh good times ;)
    so hit the dude square in the chin and he will fall?

16. Cain

Cain New Member

Well the thing is not always, you just have to hit hard enuff, a good uppercut to the chin will do it, but then again it requires practise

|Cain|

17. Mr Heel Hook

Mr Heel Hook New Member

If someone bit my nipple, the fight would not end with the broken arm they recieved from me. :D

18. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Promises, promises... :D

19. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Is that because you'd apply some kind of 'Rectal Suplex' to the finger I had up your Ass Mr HH? :D

Oh and Yoda, keep your sleazy fantasies to yourself :D

20. Cain

Cain New Member

For some reason Andy, I change my vote and would prefer to fight with Yoda instead :D

|Cain|