Grappler Baki

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Yojimbo, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo New Member

Has anyone seen Grappler Baki? its an anime about a 17 yr old that fights in underground martialarts tournaments. he fights a guy that can sever nerves in your body with his fingers. it was pretty cool.

2. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

Yup. I liked it quite a bit.

Mike

3. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

Haha, yeah that movie was great. To bad they stopped making it. :(

4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo New Member

yea too bad i really liked it alot reminds me of myself lol

5. Adam

Adam New Member

I've seen some of it. It's a manga that's actually TOLERABLE to watch! Extreme violence, martial art stereotypecasting and tons of blood and guts, complete with atrocious translation into english. I liked it :D
    I also saw an episode of it where the the main character was fighting somebody who I believe was supposed to a manga be Mas Oyama. Funny.

6. saikyou

saikyou New Member

yeah. cool. his nickneme is grappler but he is rarely seen doing grappling stuffs.

7. khafra

khafra New Member

Yeah, says he learned Karate from books--I only ever found one episode, though, which left a lot unanswered and gave a sort of inane, "episodic minus all the other episodes" impression overall.
    The nerve plucking was fun, though :D

8. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

Any body know where you could buy the episodes anymore??

9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo New Member

amazon.com has them

10. Hakko-Ryu

Hakko-Ryu New Member

for cheap animes go here

www.blueanime.com
    www.animetoxic.com

the tv series of grappler baki weren't that great...the animation was crappy and the story was super cheesy. and a word of caution if you're lookign to buy dvds from those site...they're imported dvds, so most of them are in japanese and subtitles are sometimes not that great...the G.Baki subtitles were horrible

11. MMAWARRIOR20

MMAWARRIOR20 Valued Member

it's an excellent anime. watched the whole series. it's more interesting than dbz. the only bad time is the sound effects sound wierd. ie when a submission is done it sounds like rudder being strected. or when someone gets hit there's a high pitch noise.