Grand Master In Hyuk Suh's Uniform - or - Grand Master Byung In Lee's Uniform

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by Ki_Power, Jul 27, 2010.

?

Which Do You Like Best

1. Grand Master Suh's Uniform

27.0%
  2. Grand Master Lee's Uniform

73.0%
  1. unknown-KJN

unknown-KJN Banned Banned

IMO, Chuck Norris never did show any indication of being even a mediocre actor, so citing his films (especially such an old one as this) won't score any brownie points with me. :D

Bite me! :p

And now for a post that wouldn't take earlier for some reason... :confused:

Hold on there, Duelist, don't give in too easily...

FRONT:

SIDES:

BACK:

I didn't recall seeing any shots of GM Suh's backside, but I went and scoured the photo galleries in question just to make certain, and sure enough, my memory didn't fail me this time. At least I didn't notice any angles of his rear after going through the galleries several times (pausing auto-play and using the forward/back navigation buttons).

Below is a fairly good sampling of what can be glimpsed, with the first picture being a group shot of promotees at the HQ dojang, and the other a montage of 3 different pictures.

In the group shot, standing in the back row (L-R) are 5th dan masters, Dan Jolly & Fritz Herrmann. The next row has Eric Spivey first, newly promoted here to 4th dan, followed by new 5th dans, Robert Carson & Tim Challans, then KukSaNym & Sung-Jin Su, new 5th dans Bob Moon & Mike Gray, SBN Alana Groneman alongside newly promoted husband SBN Kevin Groneman, with SBN Cleo Randall on the tail end (BTW, my good friend Cleo would've been a new 5th dan also, had he not been forced to close his school due to health reasons). The front 2 rows are populated by (spanking) new black belts that I don't recognize.

In the montage picture, the upper left is a shot of Kim McLean receiving her promotion to 5th dan at the tournament (many others just like it). Next to it is KukSaNym cropped from a promotion pic (there were also several to choose from), which I included because it shows a painting of him behind his left ear, where he's wearing the traditional wangsa dobok, i.e. gold w/ purple trim). The bottom shows a side view, where he's presenting SBN Spivey with his certificate.

The questions that pop into my head are:
    What's up with that gold headband that master Choon-Ok Harmon is wearing? (does she aspire to be like the 'original' karate kid?)

Who decided to paint the walls of the HQ dojang, orange? (wasn't it painted BEIGE beforehand? if I had to workout there now, I'd forever be trying to choke back the urge to puke)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  2. SsangKall

SsangKall Valued Member

if i am not mistaken, there is a color between red and brown that is only to be worn by high ranking people. i do not have the name on hand, but as soon as germany seminar is over, maybe i can get it.

3. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Your welcome. :cool:

4. VegasMichelle

VegasMichelle Valued Member

Bob Moon or Perry Allen Lewis?
    Cleo Randall or Ben Mitchell?

I sure do hope thats SBN Cleo instead of SBN Ben...since it would be a shame to not recognize a "good friend"

5. unknown-KJN

Okay, so you got me WRT Perry Allen Lewis KJN. To be honest, I didn't recall the guy's name nor what Bob Moon looks like, and since he was standing next to Mike Gray KJN, I hazarded a guess (BTW, neither Bob Moon's photo nor ANY reference to Perry Allen Lewis is included in the "school section" of the WKSA website - which is where I looked to verify who this guy I didn't recognize, might be)

EDIT:
    DOH! :bang: I should've realized it couldn't be Bob Moon as a new KJN, since his title on the schools page is still "Inst."

-so sue me for getting into a rush- [end edit]

As to the possibility of the man on the extreme right of that group shot being SBN Ben Mitchell, I think you may be right that it is. But please realize that SBN Eric Spivey has been SBN Cleo Randall's #1 student for ages, and why I leapt to that conclusion (FWIW, the first pic in gallery #1 of the tournament, is a shot of SBN Ben Mitchell holding a water bottle, and I did recognize him in that photo -click here-, where there isn't any blur from head movement - the other promotion group shots had even more people crowded into the frame, so everyone's features are sorta difficult to make out due to being so small).

So, apologies are in order and my first one goes to KJN Perry Lewis. :bow1:

The next go to SBN Ben & SBN Cleo (both of whom I consider to be "good friends").

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  6. Herbo

Herbo Valued Member

Perhaps the economic downturn is biting the WKSA and new gold suits are a bit pricey

7. KIWEST

KIWEST Revalued Mapper

Well, I don't know what the reasons are behind the new suit, but it does look pretty cool!:cool:
    Possibly it is to make room for someone lese to wear a gold suit but still give IHS an air of superiority? A kind of Cheif Grand Master maybe?
    Works for me anyway...

8. unknown-KJN

I detect a typo in there somewhere... :thinking:

I just can't fathom whether you meant "chief grand master" or "grand master chef." :D :jester: ;)

9. KIWEST

KIWEST Revalued Mapper

LOL despite IHS's often repeated comments about chop sui martial arts, I think you know what I meant!
    :evil:

10. otherbrother

otherbrother Valued Member

It was mentioned that SBN Cleo Randall did not promote beause he had to close his school due to health reasons. He had a school in Jacksonville for many years.

Perry Allen Lewis does not even have a school, had minimum training but he promoted to Master. I think that's a bit strange, but I'm sure there is a good reason for it.

Bob Moon is still a 3rd Degree.

OB

11. unknown-KJN

Thanks, OB! :cool:

Actually, I recognized KJN Lewis as being from that area of the USA, and wasn't relying entirely on him standing next to KJN Gray. I merely blanked out on his name and therefore did a rather hasty look through the 'Schools' section of the WKSA website. Now that I think about it, I believe Bob Moon sports a beard. :thinking:

IDK if what I mentioned about SBN Randall is true or not, it's merely something that was told to me recently by someone who ought to know.

Hopefully this clears up any erroneous speculations my "sharing" may have caused. ;)

12. ttrude

ttrude New Member

I like them both........ :)

13. SsangKall

SsangKall Valued Member

I have to say that it took a while, but I could not find anything online about the deep-red/brown color "chaju saek"(차주색?) online! So for now, the color remains a mystery i suppose.

14. SeongIn

SeongIn Banned Banned

I think this might be what you are looking for :)

차주색 ChaJuSaek 茶朱色 Tea (brown) - Vermillion (red) Color

차 Cha 茶
    tea

(tea colored = brown)

주 Ju 朱
    1.vermilion, Chinese red, cinnabar (red), <광물>cinnabar.

15. SsangKall

SsangKall Valued Member

you are the man, seongin!!!!

16. KJN Allen Lewis

KJN Allen Lewis New Member

I do not have a school, however I've had over 24 years of training from the WKSA HQ, Senior Masters, and my instructor. I train alot and hard. If you knew me, you would know that I earned my rank by hard work.

17. tulsa

tulsa Valued Member

Well Hello Sir,
    Long Time. I will always know for a fact that you are deserving of the Rank KJN. You are a natural Martial Artist and in fact one of the Best I have seen in Hyung. After training with you at my school for as long as you did I will back you up with anyone's problems with your rank!

We all know that the WKSA has rules and that Rules are made to be broken. This does not mean that there is not a good reason for such things.
    :evil:

18. Dragon2

Dragon2 Valued Member

Hello PKJN Lewis. Glad you are on MAP. I do know your History and you have earned your Rank but just because OtherBrother does not know the reasons WHY you were promoted does not matter. Inquireing minds would like to know but feed them Cake because that is between you, your Instructor (Master) and the WKSA. Good Luck in your endeavors.D2

19. KJN Allen Lewis

KJN Allen Lewis New Member

Thank you much. Well said, and good advice.

20. MUSOOLJOHN

MUSOOLJOHN AKA KUKSOOLJOHN

Congrats to you on your promotion KJN Lewis.