Grading for 4th Kup Soon

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Anomandaris, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Anomandaris

Anomandaris New Member

just wanted to tell you I am taking my grading for my 4th Kup(full blue) on November the 6th, but today(23rd oct) I have a pre-grading in which everyone taking the grading for the 4th kup are all assessed on their current develomnet and told what(if anything) needs work before the actual event.

It's been 9 months since my last grading so I'm eager to get on to the next level. I believe that Master Gayle(7th dan) is taking the grading.

anyone got any hints for an (ITF curriculum) grading, and also breaking, I've never done it before and I think I will have to do it for this one.

2. SabishiiObake

SabishiiObake New Member

GOOD LUCK!!!! :D You'll be fine... :eek: I've got my final exams on the 6th :cry: I don't really have any hints except one...BREATH don't forget to breath. When it comes to gradings I always forget to breath and from what i've seen its a pretty common thing to do. *mumbles* (but.... it becomes a habit) :cry:

3. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

4. ZenPixelTKD

ZenPixelTKD not just a natural blonde

I guess work on whatever is pointed out to you at this pregrading( I have never heard of something like this before)
    What is it, besides breaking are you most concerned with? Pattern?
    Blue belt, thats Yul Gok isn't it. Well at your rank, if you do it in your club, you should be developing your sine wave. If you don't do sine wave, well, I guess ignore the next paragraph!!
    So the instructor will be looking at your knee spring, especially in the first 6 moves.
    (If you could see me performing Yuk Gok at my desk, you would be laughing! everyone who can is!) Also when you are doing the reach hand and punch combo Steps 12 to 17 I think. In your bending stance, make sure your supporting leg is bent. Also the jump into X stance with the back fist. Make sure your back fist snaps out when your right foot lands, not your left.

Hope this has been of some help.
    Good luck!

5. Anomandaris

Anomandaris New Member

successful pre-grading. I was told that if I perform that well in the real thing it will be an easy pass(go me!)

(if you dont know what that is I'll explain, essentially the clubs instructors hold a practise grading, they ask you to go through everything expected of you at your rank done as if it were a real grading, the whole point being so that they can determine what you need to practise upon for your grading, to do well in it is a real confidence boost and even if you dont being shown how to improve always helps)

6. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

well, that's a good thing for both the instructor and the student. congrats :)

7. G50

G50 Night Owl

Anomandaris - Congrats on your pregrading! I hope you do very well and pass your Blue Belt testing on Nov. 6th. I'll be rooting for you! :D When you do your breaking, make sure you go straight through the board, do not stop in between. and use a lot of power. :D