gracie vs shamrock.

Discussion in 'MMA' started by raaeoh, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

He was not happy at all...but that again seemed quite theatrical "you did that on purpose!!" was shouted over and over

2. Hannibal

That was the whole fight

3. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Yeah, he looked angry after the ref split them, but I meant when the winner was announced. He looked neither surprised nor annoyed.

4. raaeoh

raaeoh never tell me the odds

Head of a school not the school he was at. It is an mma gym that taught gracie bjj as well as several other styles and arts.

So yes. He was rude to assume I was even remotely interested.

Perhaps clark was broke and needed the money as well.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  5. Hannibal

No he wasnt and to be honest based entirely on your description of events you acted like an utter ass

6. Guitar Nado

Guitar Nado Valued Member

It's funny, and the joke is sort of on me. Perhaps spoilers for the Bellator 149 follow
    I wanted to see this fight due to this thread, and in an effort to avoid spoilers I didn't read anything about this fight. Cause it was "on Demand" on my cable box (and couldn't do any fast forward), I watched the entire 3 hr Bellator 149 show to see this fight! The folks who have see 50+ seconds highlights have pretty much seen it all, because it is only 2 minutes 30 seconds or so. Royce doing the same exact front kick he did in the first UFCs, and now some round kicks also. A couple of knee strikes which apparently did the job against Shamrock, who seemed to have as much fight in him as the BAS striking dummy that Bas Rutten is now selling in the ads prior to this fight.

The Kimbo fight was longer, but basically was two massive guys 99% gassed after the first round.The break between round 2 and 3 was enough rest for Kimbo to recover enough to land a few punches, which were more than enough.

So basically, there was way more action in the fights leading up two these 2 high profile fights.

All that being said, I'd be terrified to get anywhere near the winners or losers of any of these fights on a mat in anything beyond them giving me some friendly lessons, so take any criticism with that in mind. And there is no criticism of Royce here at ALL. As far as I know he has 100% of the ability he ever had, and then some.

7. Hannibal

I don't think Kimbo punched him so much as Dada fell over - Kimbo W/ by Cheeseburger

8. raaeoh

So I am an ass because I don't want to have someone push their style on me?

I was not rude to the man but he was to me.

Agian this was not his gym. He was a guest. There were at least 3 other classes going on at the same time. He had no right to ask why the boxers/wrestlers were not taking his class.
    Especially because a day class with him cost more than a month of classes for everyone else, Including my son in bjj at the time, who was in his class.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  9. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

That is really misrepresenting what he said.

He asked why he wasn't training BJJ specifically, not not training at all. , Raaeoh responded that he was a striker - not that he didn't need to. That isn't what he said in his post anyways. Raaeoh isn't a pro fighter, though, so he can do what he wants and really doesn't need to. It is a gym with multiple arts being taught. No one there should HAVE to take all arts.

Except for those of us that are use MA's in some professional way, we aren't required to train in any way we don't want to. Nothing wrong with that.

I don't know why Raaeoh thinks Gracie's response is rude either though, what else would one expect a Gracie to say?

10. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

This fight just further prove that the following techniques all work well.

- groin kick,
    - knee strike to the face,
    - take your opponent down and then punch on his head.

This fight also prove that when you have reached to your 50 years old, you have to be smart on where you may want to spend your energy. You may not be able to box 15 rounds with your opponent any more. A groin kick that may not bother you when you were young, it may bother you now.

This fight also prove that when you get old, you should fight ugly to win than fight fair to lose. :)

11. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

12. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

13. raaeoh

Sad turn of events. Wishing for a speedy recovery

14. aaradia

And we are back to that same issue that comes up regularly. I think something needs to change in the way weigh in are done. Just too dangerous the way it is done now...................

15. Hannibal

Could also have been fixed with the addition of a SHW bracket or " catchweight" or " open" divisions

Also by not allowing fat, out of shape muppets fight in the name of a freak show

16. aaradia

17. raaeoh

I assumed as much but didn't want to say as much without proof.

18. Hannibal

Color me shocked said absolutely no one....

19. Antonius

Antonius Valued Member

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016