Got into a fight after several years

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Sandninjer, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sandninjer

Sandninjer Valued Member

LOL!! !! Whatever floats your boat dude!! Whether you believe me or not, honestly I don't give two craps worth. I love your logic though! Joined the forum a month ago and studied ninjutsu for 2 months so now I'm attempting to gain an e-reputation here, just splendid lol. For your information, I never claimed I went ninja on the dude. Two, ninjutsu isn't the only MA I have practiced. Three, I'm not new to getting caught up in altercations or being pushed to stand up for myself physically. Four, I love your logic, did I say that already?

Man, my story must have been pretty awesome for someone to accuse me of lying though. Maybe I should be thanking you instead.

2. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

You seem to have misunderstood my intention here. Perhaps I poorly articulated myself. I was not stating that ninjutsu is only taught to train soldiers to fight other soldiers. My point is that ninjutsu is a TMA. A traditional martial art. That is not a criticism of ninjutsu, just a classification of the system and how that system is taught. TMAs, especially weapons-based TMAs (which ninjutsu is), focus on teaching their systems in these isolated scenarios where martial artists are dueling other martial artists. They do not properly prepare students for the legal consequences of those actions. That is a widely accepted deficit in TMA training. This is because TMAs were usually systems designed to train soldiers during medieval warfare (hence my original soldier reference). Again, not an attack, just an observation. If you intend to survive the legal consequences of using your MA training in modern times, then it may be wise to at least be aware of where the deficits in that training lie. It's usually a good idea to learn about self-defense laws where you live.

And I am aware that ninjutsu has a broad unarmed fighting system popularly emphasized in modern Takamatsuden curriculum. It's called taijutsu. Fundamentally though, ninjutsu is still a weapons-based TMA. I'm not sure why you believe I've somehow "discounted" taijutsu, jujutsu, or other H2H systems. I don't believe I typed anything remotely suggesting that.

That doesn't mean it doesn't happen all the time. Especially when someone is obviously waiting in a parking lot to finish a fight that was previously interrupted.

Do you really think your wife would want you to get into a fight that was avoidable? Have you asked her how she feels about this? And maybe I'm overlooking a statement made in this thread, but I don't think anyone here suggested you shouldn't defend your family if the need is genuine.

I hope you realize I wasn't criticizing you or your family. I was only pointing out that your, "anything goes to defend yourself," statement is a dangerous sentiment to express, particularly from a legal standpoint. I also believe you may have misunderstood any general ninjutsu endorsements of that notion.

3. warriorofanart

warriorofanart Valued Member

What the hell is this? Sand's posts have had a certain quality to them and not one time has he blown his horn or anything like that. I have no reason to doubt his story, and for you to make a presumption like this without reading into Sand's previous posts and making a educated judgement on what kind of person he is, is quite absurd.

4. KataYes:D

KataYes:D New Member

Check out the edit in the first reply. I read a couple more of the replies and it doesn't seem like I need to continue reading through.

5. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

This is about the point in time when you should have asked the bouncers to throw them out and then went to another pub.

6. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

John is a ninjutsu student too if I am not mistaken.

Older folks make poor decisions too. When I first became a police officer one of my first DUIs was a fellow in his 80s who was quite a miserable guy.

So instead he decides to use one on him first? Trust me that's an unreliable defense in court.

The best way to protect your loved ones is to keep them away from violence you can avoid in the first place. God forbid one of those goofs pulled out a gun and started shooting. When that can be a reality, it's more sense to avoid altercations entirely rather than getting swept up into the Monkey Dance.

That's simply another pride issue right there. My wife can handle herself just fine in most situations. As Kave said, I'd actually lose her respect if I kept getting swept up into drunken arguments to "defend her honor". If you're too proud to get over that, then when you do go out I recommend not drinking much. Pride and alcohol never mix well.

7. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Before I post why I think this whole thing is crap I want to ask one question to Sandninjer.

When did this event happen? I live in the DC area and it says you posted this yesterday. The Metro has been closed down hardcore the last two days, DC was FREAKING out about this hurricane that just passed through, and everything from federal places of work to public school systems were shut down. My wife came in from Texas yesterday and said DC looked like a ghost town. I have serious doubts that there has been any bar activity, much less club activity in the last two days. You posted this yesterday, so I assume you posted this right after the event.

So when exactly did this whole fiasco happen? Feel free to name some streets or the club name as I'm familiar with the DC area from N. Capitol and New York to Maryland and Wisconsin as thats the general area I've been landscaping in. Not so much the Georgetown area, but you usually don't see a lot of bar/club fights going on down there because it's all rich white people.

8. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

[​IMG]

Owned by Ero and Mother Nature.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  9. Ero-Sennin

Mr. Kuma, I have a question for you since my wife who is knowledgable in the legal area is in bed right now and would be extremely upset if I woke her up to ask this.

If I had by chance continued my application with the Capitol Police here in DC in which I would be employed by them currently if I had, and read this post with its details on location and the events that took place, and LEO was called on site for this particular incident but the OP had already fled . . . . . would LEO be within the scope of law to find the IP address of the OPs computer, scout the area to identify him and roll him up for questioning and possible prosecution? Meaning posting detailed events online with location on a large community such as MAP could potentially be one of the dumbest things you could have done?

I mean, winners usually aren't the ones who are let off easily, being serious physical harm was done to the losing party in this non-life threatening situation in a public area. Am I just being paranoid that this could happen to somebody, and am amused that I could be the guy reporting his post to search for his IP to roll him up, or am I just being far fetched in my belief of the capabilities of LEO?

This is a genuine curiosity for me at this point in the thread and I would greatly appreciate any information you could provide to put my pondering mind at rest : P.

10. Ero-Sennin

Attached Files:

11. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

First off, good luck with the Capitol Police. Good department there. With your background you'll be a good candidate for their CERT team as well.

With that said... Yes they most certainly can. Being that MAP is UK based might make it a bit more difficult but certainly possible. I've personally acquired information via a search warrant from Twitter for a case that is still ongoing. It was a pain in the neck and took a while, but we got it. In this day and age we can't overlook the Internet and its value to investigations.

12. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

A couple of minutes is all it takes to start a fight which is what happened in your case with your brother in law. Why didn't you guys all go out together with your sister when she went out for her smoke? The situation could've been avoided altogether if you stayed as a group.

Thats my point exactly. So please don't think (or think that all women think) that men are useless if they choose not to get aggressively involved in an altercation.

My 'nonsense' comes from my own personal experience as well as the personal experiences of my five older sisters and lady friends. And no, my intention is not to belittle anyone, however sometimes the way how I write may come across that way. But in saying that, I agree with the others here that this situation could've been avoided altogether. Although based on the latest posts by Kuma and Ero-Sennin, I'm now beginning to doubt the details of your story.

Where did this incident occur?
    At what time did it occur?
    And did you report the incident to the local police, if so, when?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  13. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

When did this turn into a witch trial? Are you guys so cynical, you doubt everything someone says?

Sandninjer really doesn't come across as the sort of guy who would make things up just to increase his "e-rep". His story came as completely feasible to me, and as he mentioned he was just sharing a semi interesting story.

Seriously are you guys this petty?

I don't remember him mentioning ant leet ninjer skills and how he destroyed 5 guys with a kamehameha.

You guys are starting to sound like Donald Trump asking for Obama's birth certificate.

It's just low.

14. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

It's better to be cynical than gullible.

15. Sandninjer

Sandninjer Valued Member

lol amazing at the audacity of the some you here, absolutely amazing. I said it occured over the weekend, Ero Sennin. I don't know what planet you live on but Sandy hit the DC area on Monday you moron, not the weekend. Again, as I said to Mattt, I don't give a crap if you don't believe me.

I think the problem here is that many people have too much free time so any time a new guy posts a thread, they decide to bash on him. I mean seriously, call the cops? LOL. Okay... man I don't even know what to say about that. Here you all are talking about morals and such, and then you go and say you wanna rat the guy out to the police for trying to defend his family?

WOW! You're all pretty pathetic. I think it's time I seriously leave the forum. What I thought to be a group of good, genuine people to kill some off time with turned out to be me wasting my time with people who really have nothing to do but belittle others and then even threaten them for useless reasons.

Crow, Warrior, thanks a lot for the support, guys, glad you understood me.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2012
  16. CrowZer0

Cynical and gullible do not correlate to an either or situation.

17. mattt

mattt Valued Member

You seem very aggressive when challenged, either by me on the authenticity of your tale, or by others in the justification of your actions.

In addition to what I said earlier about why I thought you made it up, the story itself has too many components that appear designed to make you into a hero.

Perhaps it did happen, but you gilded it a little, but for it to play out the way it did is very very rare, and for it to happen to you so quickly after you join MAP is quite unusual.

I'm not saying its impossible, but it is improbable.

Just my opinion, so its worth no more than the next mans, and if it doesn't bother you then don't get so angry in your replies. If you cannot keep calm here under scrutiny how will you in a real confrontation?

18. CrowZer0

Sounds like he was probably trying to "catch you out" or just trolling.

Again, a lot of people here usually believe anything out of their own experience must be made up. "The calling the cops" thing was likely to try and "scare" you into admitting the truth, or just incredibly stupid. LOL.
    It's part of their "internet persona" moral high ground, be the good guys etc, it's also the general accepted mentality of a lot of MAP members. Don't fight back, walk away, avoid people etc.

A few members have a lot invested in their "MAP personality" they're not always bad... It's just they have trouble accepting something they are not used to. It's a little sad how much some members will conform to the general consensus for some acceptance in an online community.

19. CrowZer0

What? People not on MAP don't get into confrontations? It takes a certain amount of time to be on MAP and then get into a confrontation? Someone getting into a confrontation after they join MAP is unusual? Lol, what world do you live in?

20. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Seeing as this has degenerated into people taking potshots at each other, it is now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.