Got hit in the face in a real fight ?

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by madhushanka, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madhushanka

madhushanka New Member

In a real fight I got hit on my face. It was a punch with bare knuckle fist. My eyes were filled with tears after got hit naturally. I didn't cry. Also it was painful until two days and I couldn't touch my nose either.
    Why didn't I get bloody ? I have seen others gets bloody easily. Are there some people who don't get bloody ?
    JUST WANT TO KNOW

2. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

I don't know but I'd think it has to do with how close to the skin one's blood vessels and capillaries lie; as determined by genetics and so forth.

I've the opposite problem - a wee rabbit punch to mine and I look like, as someone once described to me when they saw my face after a punch - " ...that time grandad shot that pig out back o' tha farm." :rolleyes:

3. FunnyBadger

FunnyBadger I love food :)

Yeah I don't get bloody realy and I don't easily swell, bruise or bleed. Doesn't mean it doesn't hurt just that the outward visible signs are minimal. There may be the possibility that you were hit very square on with little rotation or movement, might reduce the chance of the skin splitting? No science behind that theory mind it just seems plausible.

Some people bleed, swell and bruise easily and others don't. Beyond the genetic lottery I don't know why there is such a difference between individuals or what could be done to change it.

4. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

It must be because you are super tough and don't bleed like the average man.

5. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I find it's best to hit the other fellow in the face.

6. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

Yes... this, and preferably first.

7. Kave

Kave Lunatic

I don't get too bloody, but I find that the more often I get blood noses (from strikes to my face) the less it takes to make it bleed the next time I get hit. Personally I recommend growing a good moustache, it hides the blood from your opponent, and keeps it out of your mouth.
    [​IMG]

8. belltoller

It depends on what you call average...

. [​IMG]

9. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

Probably genetic. Last time that happened to me I just had a few trickles of blood and watery eyes. :hat:

10. pseudo

pseudo Padawan

Not sure where or whom i heard this from but from what i recall the more often you get hit, the tougher your skin gets, the less elastic it become, the easier it rips thus you bleed more often. Makes sense from a completely niave perspective (have no idea if this statement has any truth to it.) Best no get hit :cool:

11. madhushanka

madhushanka New Member

Is there a way or an exercise to do to my nose to feel less pain after got hit. Usually pain stop me from continuing the fight. May be a tournament.

12. belltoller

[​IMG]

13. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

What a classic scene from a classic movie! :D Tyler Durden FTW. :cool:

14. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

No. Just stop the bleeding with some tissue and ice it straight away.

Also a perscription of "Man up already" that you can take whenever you feel like whining.

15. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

16. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.