Google+

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Princess Haru, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

weird < i didnt have to do any of that.

2. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

I didn't have to do any of that. Are you sure it was Google+ ?

3. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

i have no idea. i just went to the top right corner of google where it said sign in so i hit that. whether i hit the right one or not i dont know.....

4. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

5. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

It may depend on whether you're a new 'Google' user, as they have the Checkout option (a bit like Paypal) and part of the T&C requires some IRL contact stuff, get the same hassle with Paypal over bank accounts, card details and such

6. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

then it wasn't google+. you can only get in via e-mail invite, and i don't remember it requiring a phone number.

7. Princess Haru

no but if you just set up a google account in order to find out what google+ is about then it might. I had to set up a yahoo email account even though I never use it just to get onto their yahoo groups yet it allows me to link my googlemail account for all traffic

8. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

Ok, I have discovered that the photos that i had uploaded to Blogger (crap that i was selling on ebay) and had subsequently deleted are now all over Google+! How and why are they there? If i deleted them from blogger i thought that they would be gone, not gone but still stored in servers for some bullcrap reason or other. Oh and i can delete them, but only one by one. WTF?

9. Princess Haru

There is a setting in Photos saying 'Albums in the Photos tab are visible only to people they've been shared with' Tick to Show this tab on your profile. Not sure if that would help.

Just looking at this in a bit more depth, say I'm in Google+ with the Welcome, Stream, Sparks and Chat on the left column, and the buttons along the top, click on the second for Photos, then Your Albums. You can delete your Blogger pics here or change the sharing settings. Mine were only viewable to me and I only had one to delete but since I deleted my Blogger account a while ago...

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  10. SpikeD

I saw the 'delete album' button, however it deletes everything from everywhere, and a couple of those photos i want to keep. I can obviously work arouund the issue by uploading said pics again, my issue is that over 300 photo's i deleted from blogger are showing up in plus.

11. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

You can delete individual pics.

12. jonwade

jonwade Valued Member

I am there, although not got many friends on it yet, nobody wants to leave Facebook!

13. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

They don't have to leave Facebook. It's not exactly a one or the other situation.

14. SpikeD

I know, this is not the issue. The issue is if i have deleted photos from blogger months ago, why are they showing on plus as a link to my blogger account? If i look at the blog on blogger itself they are not there!

15. Princess Haru

I don't think the problem is unique to Google. Fairly sure Facebook had this with people who deleted their accounts yet still had content appear, I still get spam from Linked In such as people who may know me even though I deleted my account months ago

16. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Ah right. Well that's because they are still on Google's server. It's an issue virtually every on-line service has to deal with. Sometimes it's the case that they just don't actually delete them. other times it's a case of multiple copies existing across multiple web cache's or some such.

If you want them dead and gone absolutely forever, contact Google and explain the situation. Although Google do claim rights to use anything on their servers for perpetuity. Basically until the end of time. Which is also fairly standard with social networks. You didn't think it was free did you?

17. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

I think you may have gone to the settings or something if you were in Google+. I'm looking at my profile info now and it does ask for a phone number and stuff. But none of it's compulsory. I left most of it blank.

18. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

well thats pretty crappy. Is not as open as fb where u can get a page of your own without needing an invite.

19. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I think the invite requirement will be fairly short term, just while the system is still under development, the feedback is digested and the bugs ironed out.

Google will want + to rival Facebook and Twitter eventually, even if they deny the fact now, therefore access to it will have to become simpler.

20. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Invite only does have the benefit of keeping out the spammers. Could be a good thing. Think I'm changing my mind on invites :p