Good Press?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Dave Hail, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Dave Hail

Dave Hail Valued Member

I just received this from one of my students, it's off the BBC News website dated 11/01/07 (UK date).....

Police hunting mystery swordsman
    Police on Tyneside are seeking a man carrying a sword who came to the aid of plain clothes officers during a burglary attempt.
    The officers were threatened by a man with a knife after they discovered armed men trying to break into a house in Laygate, South Shields.

Another man armed with a samurai sword appeared and attacked the man with the knife, before leaving the scene.

Three men have been charged with aggravated burglary.

One faces an additional charge of attempted wounding with intent to resist arrest.

Just one question..... Which one of you guys was it?

Mister Humm perhaps? :)

Seriously though is this good press or bad press? What is anyone doing wandering round with a "katana"?

2. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

They're the weapon of choice for a lot of scumbags. They look cool and can be bought easily as ornamental pieces then sharpened with a grinding wheel. You hear "nutter with a samurai sword" stories all the time.

3. Dave Hail

Dave Hail Valued Member

You're right, "Nutter with a Samurai sword" stories abound, but did you ever hear of a scumbag helping the police and then not waiting around to have a quick gloat? :confused:

4. Langenschwert

Langenschwert Molon Labe

Dude must be a ninja, then. ;) And he has Real Ultimate Power. :Angel:

-Mark

5. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

He can't be - they saw him. ;)

6. Devoken

Devoken On the Path-Off the Rails

I wonder what they mean when they say the guy 'attacked' the burgular, I mean, he had a katana right? There was no mention of hospitalisations or funerals.

7. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

THey probably swung it at them and the guy dropped his weapon strait off haha.

Good or bad press... well I doubt the police will approve of a vigilante no matter how useful they proved to be.

8. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

"Samurai Sword?" - read it as wall hanger.

Makes a change for South Shields. Its normally Brown Ale bottles up there :p

Oh, and it wasnt me! I'm back in Huddersfield so it must have been Jang Bong :Angel:

9. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

Hmmm, why don't I trust you??? :p :yeleyes: