Good Ninja movies?

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by StingKing, Apr 22, 2007.

1. StingKing

StingKing Valued Member

I am a fan of Lone Wolf & Cub (samurai), the sword, the culture and a lot of things in this movie is quite spot on. Including the techniques and skills of the Japanese actor.

Now after watching all 6 titles of Lone Wolf & Cub, I wonder if there are good Ninja movies out there anyone here might know? I am not after one of those Westernized Ninja movies with Western actor as a ninja but rather something authentic and hopefully skillful Japanese actor.

2. maf

maf Valued Member

haven't managed to watch it yet my self but there is a film called shinobi no mono. here's some info

http://imdb.com/title/tt0164882/

another good film more samurai than ninja is Hiroshi Inagaki's Samurai Trilogy.
    The Samurai Trilogy is based on the historical Character Musashi Miyamoto.

And then theres also Akira Kurosawa's (Seven Samurai,Kagemusha (1980),Yojimbo).

Hope this gives you some stuff to watch.

3. Shau

Shau kurai okami

Even tho it was based off of fantasy ninja, I really liked Shinobi:Heart under Blade. It's from Japan and came out on dvd recently here in the USA.

4. baldrick

baldrick Valued Member

5. brycemaster

brycemaster Valued Member

It's funny you should mention that, cos' Hatsumi Sensei did the fight and stunt directions in that film. He slipped some hints in too, e.g. I think he mentions putting in an authentic mudra/mantra to see in the dark among other things. With the hands sort of spread across the forehead. Pretty cool. I wanna see that film. :D

6. Al Bundy

Al Bundy Warrior Poet

American Ninja 2 is on Bravo as we speak !!

Oh, good ninja movies you said. In that case, no. Sorry :rolleyes:

7. StingKing

StingKing Valued Member

As long as they demonstrate good and correct techniques :confused:

8. Hayseed

Hayseed Thread Killer

My vote goes to Kagemaru and Samurai Fiction(though not accurate, but very entertaining). That guy is hilarious! :p

9. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

It's not about techniques :bang: :cry:

10. Newknight

Newknight New Member

Shinobi no mono

For those who are interested, I found Shinobi no Mono on youtube. You have to watch it in 10 minute segments but it appears to be all there.

:cool:

11. SABURO

SABURO New Member

Owls castle

12. CandyCaneShinai

CandyCaneShinai Valued Member

Here are some interesting ninja-related movies:

The Seven Samurai (night stuff, also sneak attacks, etc..)
    The Hidden Fortress (using doubles, concealment, disguise, etc)
    The Throne of Blood (actual ninja in tatami yoroi - the inspiration for my own armor)
    Shinobi no Mono #1 and #2
    Seventeen Ninja

Speaking of ninja movies, Soke mentioned the other day that he wanted to make a good movie about budo, but he felt that live-action films were just never going to work. (big name actors dont know budo, directors/producers dont want combat scenes that confuse the viewers, etc) He said that he thought an animated film would be the best way to really express the nature of budo.