Good female matches to watch!

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by Dead_pool, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

I thought this could be a good opportunity to post up some good female, high level matches!

I don't watch that much competition footage myself, (gi can be Hella boring) so I always appreciate it when I stumble upon good quality matches!

Here's all the adcc trials for rikako yuasa, 2019,
    It's great seeing her deal with multiple matches back to back, especially as they have different approaches!

(Lachlan Giles's are on the same channel too, their worth a watch).

Here's an old school style CACC Vs bjj in nogi match with penny Thomas Vs Shanya baszler.

And ffion Davies Vs Beatriz M at the 2019 ADCC.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    axelb likes this.
  2. Dead_pool

angela lee vs michelle nicolini

In MMA:

Highlights:

Full match:

3. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Not a match per say but a collection of matches. I learnt a lot from Keenan's *cough* I mean BJJ Scout's breakdowns of Michelle Nicolini's use of shin to shin.
    Shes probably the only high level BJJ player regularly using shin to shin successfull and i tried adding this to my game (just 1 sweep and some controls at the moment) and it made me appreciate how skilled she was was with this guard:

axelb and Dead_pool like this.
  4. Dead_pool

Shin on shin is my main entry to slx! Cheers for posting!!

5. Morik

Morik Well-Known Member Supporter MAP 2017 Gold Award

Wow she looks tough to roll against, only watched half the first video so far, and her x-guard (I could be wrong I'm a newb) & other tricky leg-tangling stuff is really good. As you said, a lot of good bottom game demonstration. I just kept thinking she is like a spider, even just watching feels somehow like she has more than 4 limbs going and is always slipping out of her opponents grasp.

6. Dead_pool

"Rikako Yuasa, also known as “Lady Sasa”, is a Japanese born, Brazilian jiu jitsu black belt under the prestigious Yukinori Sasa, being also one of the most accomplished female competitors of her generation. Competing in the light featherweight division (53.5kg/118lbs) for the Paraestra (Shinagawa) academy, Yuasa won important titles, such as the World Championship, Asian Open as well as European Open. "

Rikako Yuasa | BJJ Heroes

She's tremendous! She's my current favourite BJJ watch, her and Lachlan Giles.