Good bodyweight workouts for developing dynamic strength?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by LemonSloth, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

stick your arms up and out in a Y-shape, and the distance between your hands should more or less correspond to the ideal length of the middle pipe for all sorts of pull-ups. long pipes at least a little longer than you are tall, and short pipes of a length that won't make the whole thing fall over, and you should be good.

2. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

:eek: No fair! :(

3. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

I used to go to the kids playground, obviously not in hours when there would be kids and/or parents around. The bars were a bit big for a decent grip, since all the climbing frames I see around town are made for climbing, but possible to use an old belt or towel. I'm sure there is probably some railings that would be good for LSit pullups too

4. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

They're renovating the local kids' park area as we speak actually, so this might be a possibility if I can get my timing right.

5. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

Hey sloth whats up? Well Ive been doing bodyweight exorcizes for about a straight year now and these are the tips I can gige you.

1. Alternate upper body days and lower body days, just because its callistenics dosent mean you dont need to rotate days.

2. you can work pull ups and push ups the same day but its tricky, rotate the one you do first for example monday do pullups first then push ups and maybe finish with some high rep curls say one set of fifteen or sixteen reps. then tuesday is lower body lets say so on wendsday go back to upper body and start with push ups then pull ups and finish out with some curls if you want.

3. Core exorcizes like planking will help your pullups and push ups and it even builds some arm strength. The next thing I would mention here is that its bad to focus just on abbs when you do core training, consider offsetting each set of abb exorcizes with a set of lower back callistenic type exorcizes such as grass cutters or windmills.

4. dieting is a good Idea if your carrying around alot of fatty body weight, the more fat you burn off the better your push up and pull up score will be. But avoid crash dieting.

OK I hope that kinda helped if you need some more Ideas check out my workout log intittled journey of chaos its kinda rough but if you read through it Im sure it will provide some good Ideas.