God given talent?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Anjelica, Jun 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

3. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

I think what you're saying is that Jesus is a Belieber, because kids too young to drive don't get rich off art without divine intervention.

[​IMG]

Dead_pool likes this.
  4. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Let me tell you....there's not an artist in the world that doesn' know what it means to be successful or how much of a struggle it is.
    The poor, struggling, but passionate, artist is a stereotype as old as humanity.
    All the artists I know (And I know MANY) struggle to make their way or make it pay.
    Very few have an easy ride to success and the vast majority never make a real living from it.
    People will pay £100 to fix a leaky boiler but not £100 to buy an original work of art. Art is a luxury and most non-artists (not wishing to be elitist about it) have no idea of the time and effort involved so don't value it in the same way.

This girl is very successful as artists go.
    Not the most successful like a Damien Hirst but doing very well compared to most.
    But that success is not because she is a good artist. It is because she is a talented child doing Jesus pictures in an overly religious country populated with more money than sense.
    The art world in many ways is 'the emperor's new clothes'. Her work is worth that much because that what people will pay for it to have the kudos of saying 'I've one of her paintings. They aren't intrinsically worth that much on merit because as I have said they are mediocre to good in my opinion (but obviously very good for her age which a different thing).

Knee Rider likes this.
  5. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

You are not well versed in any of those things. Let me give you tidbit, google Robert Randall sometime. Learn about the movement he launched before you make another rant about pot being bad and should be banned.

6. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

I already said I understand that already. I know art is subjective. Eye of the beholder. Although I don't think you're giving her enough credit I understand what you're saying.

7. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

You're logic is askew. Heimdall slew Loki.
    Next you'll be saying people don't get abducted by extra terrestrials!
    I see art old and new from all over the world every day. What people pay oftimes has little to do with anything discernible.Why does one adult's infantile scrawlings go for mucho bucks while another person's doesn't when both are on similar subjects and both look as if drawn by a three year old?

Were they paying huge $ just because she was a kid? Could be,and that's just a novelty factor,doesn't necessarily make her art any better than others' on a technical level.
    Which is if Andy Warhol made a portrait of Bob Dylan out of Greenie Stick-M-Caps (TM) it's worth a bundle and if you did no one cares.
    Sexist!Why is no one is mentioning the distaff section?
    Merely the result of the spread of their common Indo-European (including Indo-Iranian) culture.
    The mind is a terrible thing.

Where do those ETs that people believe they've been abducted by come from?

I think Mark Twain's "Letters From the Earth" and its accompanying works should be compulsory reading .

Knee Rider and Dead_pool like this.
  8. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Again another ignorant statement. Really you are making a fool of yourself.

You have no knowledge regarding anyone else's area of understanding and to say otherwise is ignorant.

If you think I should be banned then please make a report using the report function.

9. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Also success in art is about marketing as well as talent.
    Turner was one of the best artists to have lived and could market himself very well.
    Other artists like van Gogh die in poverty and are only acclaimed after their death.
    Failing to make money or making money as an artist is often not about being good or talented but about capturing the zeitgeist (or even forging the zeitgeist) and being right place right time.
    It is a fickle world and I predict that when this kid becomes an adult interest in her will wane as the novelty wears off and she becomes just another 'ok' artist.

Knee Rider and Dead_pool like this.
  10. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

You say pot should be banned. That's what I meant. Its clinically proven to help sufferes of glaucoma, arthritis, chemo, but you say its bad. That's what I meant.

11. Simon

Sorry, but I don't understand that statement.

I've said no such thing and how did we get onto the subject of glaucoma?

12. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

Like I said some of the great one like Rembrandt and Da Vinci painted religious themes.

13. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

Did you not forbid me from talking about it? Did you not say you're completely against legalization?

14. Simon

Anjelica, what the hell are you on about.

All I want is you to clarify your statement that we have no understanding regarding the struggle artists face.

So far you have failed to explain why you think we are ignorant of the facts.

Arts is no different to any other business. Some fail, some don't and often even after years of toil businesses close.

Any you believe it seems that we don't understand that.

Not sure why you've switched topic, other than maybe to divert attention.

15. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

You cannot claim as religious artists that lived at a time when everyone was religious. They didn't have any other options.

16. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

I don't see art as just another business. I see art as an expression. Paintings sell for whatever the market yields but most artists will never become millionaires.

17. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

I was pointing out your ignorance. Nice to see you run away from it.

18. Simon

Okay we are going around in circles, so last chance otherwise the thread gets closed.

I'll not have unsubstantiated claims made.

You make a statement on MAP and you have to back it up.

19. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

I thought this girls work is interesting, that's why I created the thread. Close it if you want.

20. Simon

Still doesn't answer the question and as I said before your silence speaks volumes.

Thread closed.

Think twice next time.

Mitlov likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.