God given talent?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Anjelica, Jun 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Again you fail to answer the question.

Why are we ignorant of the facts?

Also while we are at it explain where I've been insulting.

You've made a statement, which I feel is incorrect and therefore you should explain why it was made.

2. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Her age, subject matter and talent are what sell her paintings.
    It's novelty value and fashion.
    Its not because they are any good as paintings because quite frankly they are mediocre to good rather than exceptional.

Dead_pool likes this.
  3. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

I find your attitude towards me insulting. You're condescending remarks, don't pretend you don't know what im talking about. I think I already explained its amazing a child artist reached a level many adults haven't.

4. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

If he's been talked into dressing as one by his brother Loki so he can infiltrate a giant camp and reclaim his hammer Mjolnir, which he lost when he was blackout drunk.

Þrymskviða - Wikipedia

Religion: they don't make it like they used to.

Dead_pool likes this.
  5. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

I know art is subjective. Its in the eye of the beholder. But you cant deny some attracts the big bucks more than others.

6. Simon

Take the argument about the child away, as I don't care much for it.

It's your statement I want you to clarify.

Your silence speaks volumes.

Dead_pool likes this.
  7. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

You want clarification look into the art world sometime. Many artists have worked for years and never reached her level of success. You apparently don't know that.

8. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Again are you saying her belief in God made her rich? And that its because God intervened in her life to give her those skills, in order to make a lot of money?

So God wanted her to be rich?

9. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Yes. For example, Taylor Swift has a net worth of $280 million. If you believe in the prosperity gospel, God must think she's a better person and better Christian than anyone working 9 to 5. Do you believe in the prosperity gospel?

Dead_pool likes this.
  10. Dead_pool

11. Simon

Again you are wrong.

You assume that, said so and can't explain yourself.

12. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

I don't know if I believe in the prosperity gospel or not. haven't really thought about it.

13. Dead_pool

If anyone here does, I'd just like to say, jesus wants me to have a jet plane, so if youd like to donate...... You'll get it back tenfold.... Honest!

Simon likes this.
  14. Dead_pool

Was jesus well known for being rich?

Mitlov likes this.
  15. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

I have taken painting lessons. I know several artists who have never sold a piece for that kind of money and they have doin it a while.

16. Dead_pool

If anyone wants context

Mitlov likes this.
  17. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Anjelica...you have a habit of asserting things with ill informed authority while simultaneously ignoring people that know better or assuming you know more than others.
    You could get much more out of life and reach more considered opinions if you did more listening and less hostile asserting.
    Or not...it's up to you.

18. Simon

You still don't explain your statement about us being ignorant.

Just because you've taken painting lessons it doesn't substantiate your argument.

My wife studied at art college. Others here are accomplished artists, so not as ignorant as you think.

I'd still like an explanation.

Maybe think and research before making claims. Post from a position of authority, rather than assumption.

19. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

how many artists do you know? How many became millionaires at 13? If you still don't understand what im saying then I give up.

20. Simon

Giving up would be a smart idea.

I don't have to know any artists if I am well versed in reading, watching, learning, history and so on.

Take Smitfire's advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.