GNC creatine quickshot gel

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Virtuous, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Virtuous

Virtuous New Member

Oh my god! not another creatine threade! ;)

I've got my shodan comming up and its a pretty long and tiring ordeal. So I went to the local GNC and they advised me to use the creatine quickshot gels. I've been taking 2 packages (6g creatine net), about 20 minutes before class and I feel a good surge in my energy for a good 3 hours or so. I felt really clean too, not like I was heavily caffinated or sugared up. Quite pleasent actually.
    My questions is do you think it would be okay to take multiple doses a day? Im talking 2, at the most 3.

Another question, since my exercise routine is mainly aerobic (bad shoulders) is creatine the appropriate supplement?

I still cant get over the quantity/quality of energy.

Thanx in advance.

2. toothpaste100

toothpaste100 Banned In 60 Seconds

Never ask the people at GNC for advice!!! The majority of them will try and sell you anything, especially certian items like multivitamins that they are pressured to sell by their manangers.

3. SparcZ

SparcZ That's flexibility!

I think you should base your opinion on a case by case. There is one guy at the GNC that I go to that knows so much stuff about supplements its just insane. This guy is like a pharmacist! He is majoring in sports nutrition so that must be why. :D

4. toothpaste100

toothpaste100 Banned In 60 Seconds

Then you are quite lucky to have him, but all GNC employees aren't sports nutrition majors :p

5. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

I think it's a placebo effect personally and if you take anything, you would be better off supplementing with pure creatine monohydrate (www.creapure.com). Anything over about £20-£25 per 500g is a rip off in my opinion. 3-5g a day will do the trick.

Any opinions on taking creatine when you do mainly aerobic work? I would have thought it would be pretty pointless apart from increasing recovery a little (I know it helps me recover from a heavy training session or workout) although how much it increases recovery from purely aerobic work I can't say.

6. Virtuous

Virtuous New Member

I was thinking it might have been placebo, so I gave some to a few mates before class and they had the same comments. any how..

as far as creatine and aerobic work outs I found this article and thought Id share.

from http://www.naturalphysiques.com/cms/index.php?itemid=153
    I think I am going to give it a go for a month and see how it pans out.

thanx for your insights

7. funkymonk

funkymonk Valued Member

Is it better to have a break from taking creatine once you've finished the tub or do people recommend carrying on taking it without a break?

8. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

I believe you're supposed to cycle creatine on and off every so often, so once you finish I think you should stop for a month or two, then get back on it if you want.

9. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey New Member

Definitely take a break. You know how steroids makes your testes stop producin testosterone? Well, same sort of thing happens with creatine, after a long continuous time (about 2 months) your body will stop producing creatine, which means you won't be able to naturally produce your ATP for quite a while. Which is bad...