GM In Sun Seo Video

Discussion in 'Hapkido' started by dvybe, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Starks

Starks New Member

When are you going? I'm also going to Korea with my instructors, and we have a training session with GM at the end of March 2008... :)

2. JTMS

JTMS Valued Member

I will be there in March as well! I look forward to seeing you there.

3. JTMS

JTMS Valued Member

The Master that you are speaking of at least left WKSA. I read his article and he in no way insulted IHS directly. CYW in a past post called his Grand Master a liar. I think to compare the two is a far stretch. CYW has made negative comments about his Grand Master and his org in this public forum. The author of the article you speak of has done, to my knowledge, nothing similar.

4. nj_howard

nj_howard Valued Member

Can you please find that post and quote it directly?

CYW has a total of 20 posts on this forum. I just read all of them, and I don't see where he's called anybody a liar.

5. JTMS

JTMS Valued Member

If you take the tome to follow this thread back you will find that he changed his MAP handle a bit. He used to go by Choiyoungwoo and has over 800 posts by that name.

It seems he changed it when the heat was on but you can't erase all of those posts :D

6. JTMS

JTMS Valued Member

If you just take the time to read on this very thread post #57 is a good enough example.

7. ember

ember Valued Member

I think that's a rather negative interpretation. I would say rather that he got too busy for MAP for a month or so, and probably forgot his password when he came back. If he wanted to be less conspicuous, he wouldn't have stayed with the same name.

And besides, where do you think the name came from in the first place?

8. nj_howard

nj_howard Valued Member

The word "liar" does not appear in post 57.

Therefore, I can only conclude that you're referring to his comment that all "grandmasters" embellish their history. Am I correct?

9. JTMS

JTMS Valued Member

OK, I can see where what you say is very possible (even likely). It still does not change the issue at hand at all.

10. JTMS

JTMS Valued Member

You have to read the post in it's context. IHS (his Grand Master) is the one being discussed at the time.

And this is just a quick example of many.

11. ember

ember Valued Member

You might also want to look up his words on the sun bae / hue bae relationship. It seems pretty clear that his loyalty is to his teacher.

12. JTMS

JTMS Valued Member

I think if he was loyal to Master Harmon he would not speak so of Master Harmons teacher.

13. ember

ember Valued Member

Have you seen Azeitung's signature? I heard the seminar speech that year, and I know where he got that quote. Kuk Sa Nim probably didn't mean it the way it sounded (especially to those more familiar with small-town American Christian culture), but Kuk Sa Nim did in fact say something very similar.

I don't always know what to think of Kuk Sa Nim, and neither does my husband. I've already written about that elsewhere on MAP.

I do know that the history of TKMA is rather unclear and sometimes hotly contested.

14. JTMS

JTMS Valued Member

I am not contesting the validity of CYW's statement's concerning his own org. I and others only take issue with the fact that it is very disrespectful and self derogating to oppose one's Grand Master and your own TKMA org in an open forum. His words are contradictory to his cause and disrespectful to his own group.

15. nj_howard

nj_howard Valued Member

This is really starting to sound like a personal thing between you and CYW. Why don't you take this offline for the sake of the rest of us? You've made your point more than once - we get it.

16. JTMS

JTMS Valued Member

If you are not interested in the thread you could always stop reading it. Or even start your own thread.

17. JTMS

JTMS Valued Member

18. Out-to-Lunch

Out-to-Lunch Valued Member

kahmsahamnida!

19. MasterDunchok

MasterDunchok Valued Member

Hello, I saw that Kuk Sool Kwan was mentioned in this thread back in May.

Jim H even declared that GM Kim Woo Tak had acted as instructor for Suh in Hyuk.

I am a Kuk Sool Kwan master and I head the Kuk Sool Kwan World Headquarters in Costa Mesa, CA on behalf of GM Huh Mon Gil. I am very interested in hearing more about this, and in corroborating some of the history I have received from my own master with that which others might present.

Is there anyone who can elucidate further on some of the things that were mentioned here?

20. Out-to-Lunch

Out-to-Lunch Valued Member

That certainly would make for a good research project...

best wishes,
    --josh