Glee "Celebrity" teaches himself ninjutsu - with Sai?

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by gapjumper, Mar 25, 2013.

1. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

http://www.wetpaint.com/glee/articles/chris-colfer-shows-off-his-ninja-skills-for-conan

Quoted from the article:

As if Chris Colfer (Kurt) could get any cooler, he went on Conan last night and talked about his Ninjutsu skills.

"I practice Ninjutsu everyday, Ninjutsu is the art of ninja," Colfer told O'Brien. "I have swords that I practice with everyday in my trailer, and it makes the cast very nervous."

Where did Chris get the idea to take up Ninjutsu? TV, of course! "I grew up watching [Teenage Mutant] Ninja Turtles and I always wanted to do them and bought some [Sai swords] on eBay finally, and taught, myself how to do it, so I have some tricks," Colfer said.

Um, that is awesome! You know who's going to be first on the casting list for the next Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles remake!"

Oh dear...

2. gapjumper

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZl1QBOW5X0"]Glee's Chris Colfer shows his sai swords skills - Friday Night With Jonathan Ross - BBC One - YouTube[/ame]

Ashida Kim home study style?

3. Big Will

Big Will NinpƓ Ikkan

4. gapjumper

That's probably what his agent is saying too!

(World Taekwondo Federation I assume you mean...)

5. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I'm assuming you meant to type 'flipping heck, that really is rather stupid'?!!! ;) :)

I reckon we'll need to keep our eyes open for the next ninja boom, which will involve hideous things like spangly gi and singing kata! :wow: :eek:

6. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Ask, and ye shall recieve!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm-V7OGLYzg"]Singing Ninjas (get off the couch) - YouTube[/ame]

well...the "singing" Ninjas bit...

Surely the vid (1st one) is actually a wind up.

7. hatsie

hatsie Active Member Supporter

At least this guys not claiming to have 'modernized ninjutsu for application in the 21 st century' using self taught group hypnosis and poorly learned kyu level taijutsu like some people I can think of.

Given the choice, I'd choose sai sword man........

8. gapjumper

And he can chuck ninja stuff too.

These self-taught guys are amazing.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfGaZt5Dim4"]Chris Colfer & Conan Play Ninja Darts - CONAN on TBS - YouTube[/ame]

9. Big Will

Big Will NinpƓ Ikkan

This is baffling... I've seen Glee a couple of times and this gentleman is no doubt a good performer and entertainer, but there is absolutely no excuse for what he is doing. I am sure of that he either has an iPad or a computer with which he can do a simple Google search for "ninjutsu" and read up on at least the basics before the basics. He actually even calls himself a ninja. This is just mind blowing.

10. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

When you have a spare moment, get over yourself.

11. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Yet strangley he is still better than "Enhanced Martial Arts"

12. Dave76

Dave76 Valued Member

If what he is doing is ninjitsu, now I understand the need for a mask! ;)

13. hatsie

hatsie Active Member Supporter

I think it's a bit light hearted, he's going to know ninja turtles is bs. And he's practiced some home made moves in his spare time, maybe a bit like juggling?
    I don't think he's 'teaching' or claiming soke/ founder/ anshu status.
    During boring jobs on 'hourly rate' I've spent hrs a day throwing chisels, paint scrapers ( my favourite) screwdrivers etc. just because its fun ( for me) to do, surprising how good you can get!

14. Lockjaw

Lockjaw Killing you softly

15. Count Duckula

Count Duckula Valued Member

I was just thinking the same thing :)

16. Pompeythegreat

Pompeythegreat Im Very White Aparently

Oh My God.

I hope my girlfriend doesn't see this. Shes kind of obsessed with him...

17. Lad_Gorg

Lad_Gorg Valued Member

The thing that surprises me the most is that he's probably got some major bank thanks to the show, and I imagine that he has quite a bit of free time, so why doesn't he just go and train in X-kan? He could probably even afford private lessons :S
    Mind you i know nothing about show business.

I don't really have an issue with people messing about with weapons though, especially sai since you really have to do something wrong to hurt yourself.

18. Pompeythegreat

Pompeythegreat Im Very White Aparently

I worry about all the 12 year old girls that are going to be flooding the X-kan

19. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

you're girl friend is a twelve year old eh? :p

20. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

LMAO!!!

Good zinging sir!!!