Gladiator School

Discussion in 'Other Martial Arts Articles' started by Darren Laur, Aug 16, 2003.

1. shootodog

shootodog restless native

52 aka 52 handblocks aka jailhouse rock aka jailhouse 52 aka jailhouse boxing aka mother dear's 52 aka jailhouse aka gansta lox (i heard this name used by a guy from l.a. it turns out to be the same thing).

52 is kind of a strange animal. the training is hard and secretive. it is rbsd all the way and has no illusions or fantasies about it.

btw, kudos to the thread starter! i loved the article. it is so rbsd!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2004
  2. killbill

killbill New Member

i read the full article that the excerpt was taken from, it paints a pretty grusome picture. Now this might be offensive to some people, but i believe that the best tactic if facing prison is to brutally kill the first person who assaults you. I'm not going to go intot he specifics but i'm sure you understand how this would be accomplished.

3. snailfist

snailfist Valued Member

I wouldn't find that offensive, but unnecessary, amoral and unwise most certainly.

4. killbill

killbill New Member

well, don't bother arguing the amoral angle because (as is fitting with this point) i don't care, as for the unwise, please explain.

5. maverickv1x

maverickv1x New Member

Yes it is, sir. Very good article. Thanks for writing it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2004
  6. snailfist

snailfist Valued Member

Uneccesary because you almost never need to kill someone to defend yourself adequately, or even make an example of them to scare off other would-be attackers, and because it will reflectVERY poorly on you in terms of parole and could lead to a lengthy extension of your stay in.

7. killbill

killbill New Member

I don't understand your reasoning. :confused:

8. Nerevar

Nerevar A son of a mother

Well, I see two possible reactions from ones "peers" when one kills someone; vengeance, or fear.

9. killbill

killbill New Member

well, if you do it in a crazy enough manner you could probably get shipped to an insane asylum instead, i know i'd rather be in an insane asylum than a prison.

10. snailfist

snailfist Valued Member

You don't get out of an asylum, and you'd find it very difficult to pass yourself off as insane if you weren't. You would just stay inside longer.

11. killbill

killbill New Member

fine i'll just beat him sensless, happy?

12. snailfist

snailfist Valued Member

It doesn't bother me either way!
    I just don't find your advised course of action wise or ethically palletable. Your choice in that position though of course.

13. mhyst

mhyst New Member

thank you very much for that, i've learnt a great deal :)

14. noodlemaster

noodlemaster New Member

Killing a guy right when you get in might work...but what about the guy who comes in, hears about you, and thinks "No one will mess with the guy who kills that crazy man"

15. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil wants to go climbing...

I'd do what my mate did when he went to prison for a night. Yes only a night but crap can happen in just one night.

He got in and walked up tpo the first guy who looked at him and thumped him to a pulp. Seams harsh but my mate had been working in prisons for years before this (he got put in prison for one night for being drunk at some place or soemthing...cant remember) and he told me it's a very effective tool for making people think twice about messing with you.

16. Martial7

Martial7 Valued Member

Prison Rock n Roll, 52 blocks

Interesting article though i feel your friend might have been shooting you the sh!t line. Have you ever heard of Prison 52 ? that is a fighting style used in the majority of prisons here in the united states. Ok they teach MA in prisons in Canada ? sounds like bs but hey maybe they do, nah thats bs ! anyway interesting article none the less. Have u ever seen OZ ? thats where he got that magazine armor from. a stab under the arm is the most deadly though. all in all good article though somewhat ficticious for those who have been there and done that..........

17. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil wants to go climbing...

Have you been to prison in Canada?
    No?
    Didn't think so.

18. shootodog

shootodog restless native

prison 52 is the same as jailhouse 52 (aka jailhouse rock, jailhouse boxing, 52 handblocks, mother dear's 52, etc.) was developed much like capoera, by people of color (not just blacks but mulatos and other "ethnicities" other than white).

if you have the tape of lethal weapon 1, jh52 is the style (along with bjj and capoera) used by gary busey and mel gibson in the last fight scene on the lawn of officer mertaw.

proponents of the style include dennis newsome and demi barbito (maybe even dan webre's outlaw fighting was influenced by it).

my friend who has been inside (folsom) says: "you're not taught. you want to live, you learn."

Last edited: Jan 4, 2005
  19. Martial7

Martial7 Valued Member

Have YOU been to prison in Canada ? No ? didnt think so, lol

you cant question whether i believe something or not when u dont know if they are facts for yourself. so quick to defend something you dont know is true......

hell i doubt your friend went to PRISON for a night. you must mean jail....there is a difference

Last edited: Jan 4, 2005
  20. nikkinemo95

nikkinemo95 New Member

Firstly, I seriously doubt if you'd ever really been to prison. The only ring that seems to matter to you has not curbs but buttons