GKr steamroll sissy club

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Ikken Hisatsu, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

http://icsurreyonline.icnetwork.co....ders-order-karate-club-to-shut-name_page.html

I cant help but laugh, and cry a little inside that there are clubs like this out there. Although the GKR has grown a little in my view, sending thugs out to terrorise another school is pretty hardcore. reminds me of those old school kung fu films where someone beats up jet lis instructor and he comes back too late only to find his amster dying and his sign broken. anyway.

I cant imagine how the instructors nor the students could allow that. if someone walked into our club and began assaulting our coach they would be lucky to leave with the use of their legs. the mere fact that neither they nor their students fought back tells me they deserve to be shut down anyway.

2. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Well if there were kids present I can see why he might not want to resort to violence. But seeing how it's GKR he probably didn't know how to :Angel:

3. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

Freeform is right. Martial arts aren't for fighting. Similarly, belts aren't for wearing, which is why those gentlement helped the instructors correct their ways.

On a related note, cars aren't for driving and food isn't for eating.

4. b19vny

b19vny Valued Member

It's like the wild west - only with more cowboys!

5. thepunisher

thepunisher Banned Banned

Well, ikken, seeing that article I have to say it is the two intruders in the club who should be criminally pursued. The instructors in the club did the right thing by not fighting back. What kind of an image would that give to the students if they would start a fight in the middle of the club ? I have heard very little about GKR but it does seem an organization with a very bad image attached to it.

Doesn't make the club itself a "sissy" club though ikken. In this day and age they are legal ramifications to think about when pursuing problems like that..and the GKR members DID behave like the mafia. Simply beating there heads in like you would have liked them to do, I guess, would have probably created more trouble for the club itself and the students in it.

Christian

6. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

It sounds like a disgusting lack of respect by these two "employees"..

Touching ones belt would technically constitute an assault ....reasonable defence could have been to strike out ....how ever the presence of juniors and others would have put the instructors in an impossible position.

It is typical sensational journalism ....we cannot dare to judge anyone by the information given ...there are two sides to every story ..

be gracious ...dont judge . :Angel:

7. samuri-man

samuri-man New Member

that story made me sick clean and clear

8. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

err, that they could defend themselves against someone who is assaulting them?

9. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

Well, it I were training at that karate school, and I saw two loud blokes come in the door and forcibly remove my instructors belt. I would hope to God that my instructor would at least try do something.
    And if they didn't, I'd probably question why I was there and what I was actually learning.

10. thepunisher

They weren't assaulted according to the article, the guys just simply took their belts off. But its okay, with your "fight first, ask questions later" mentality I can imagine you would consider that an assault as well. This isn't the Cobrakai ikken ,where you can challenge your opponent to a tournament to even out your account, but the real World.

Christian

11. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

its only Karate though, no wonder they just stood there as they would have been crap in a real fight!! :D

12. thepunisher

If this would happen at our school I would consider that my instructor knows best in this situation. And if he doesn't want to strike at someone for taking of their belts that probably means he wants to solve this in another manner...via the police and legal system I can imagine. The belt is
    HIS property so technically those GKR guys entered a club and stole property.

Christian

13. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

I didn't say strike. I mean they should have at least been somewhat assertive and then see where it went from there. If it's their property, why would they let someone just take it off them like that? Besides, if you went to the police to report a "stolen belt" I doubt they'd take it seriously.

14. mattnz

mattnz Die or get rich tryin'!

But the "representaives" probably knew GKR too. An intense non-contact brawl could have developed. I don't think you guys understand the gravity of the situation. Somebody's cheek could have been grazed! And we're fussing about such trivial matters? What if one of them was wearing a shirt made of boards? I can guarantee that the headlines wouldn't have been so cheery. We could have been looking at a possible winding.

15. thepunisher

Somewhat assertive ? In what way ? Tell the GKR guy he was going to beat his brains out the moment he takes off his belt ? And where do you think it would have gone from their then ? Slagging match in front of the students ? The two GKR ppl entered a club doing training times and basically walked in and stole property. Simple as that. That this even found itself into the newspapers shows it probably was a small town as well. Lets see what the police does with it....

Christian

16. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

I think it does prove the club was a complete farce. Obviously why the intrudors knew they could get away with it.

I'm sure most people would put up a hell of a fight if someone wandered in to take their belts. Or is that only if believe you deserve the belt? :D

17. Bil Gee

Bil Gee Thug

If somebody comes up to you and starts to remove an item of clothing off you, you are perfectly entitled to use reasonable force to prevent this assault. I've got to agree with Ikken here, they are a bunch of sissys, the fact that these people just bent over and took it shows that it's a white pyjama costume party, not a martial arts class.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2006
  18. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Lets see what the police do with it.....

Not does with it, since you are hot on spelling i thought i would help you along with yours!!!! :D

Last edited: Apr 10, 2006
  19. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

not just a bunch of sissy's but ones who could not stop the GKR!!!

How embarassing!!!!

20. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

so if someone came to your house, picked up something valuable THAT WAS TIED TO YOUR PERSON, and walked out, you wouldnt do anything about it punisher? must be fun being a doormat. trying to take someones clothing off is, last time i checked, a form of assault. they got punked in front of their club and in national news and i think they DESERVE to have their belts removed and be shut down. this is martial arts we are teaching here (supposedly) not patty cakes.