girls and sparring

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Southern Mantis, Dec 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tika

Tika New Member

My sensei used to always have new students spar with only him or the sempai's for at least a week ( or until the person felt comfortable ) so that they could show them what to expect, and point out the other students and how they are sparring. Try to show them that we spar to learn, not to hurt eachother. Inflicting pain on your partner is not the purpose:), and while the student is new and uncomfortable, we just need to have extreem caution when sparring with them. Talk A LOT.

2. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

We have been doing three-step sparring somewhat to loosen up. Maybe we ought to do more to get newbies used to having someone in front of them.

3. shotokanwarrior

shotokanwarrior I am the One

Last edited: May 19, 2004
  4. Tika

Tika New Member

You are deffinitely generalizing here. I missed these posts first time around or I would have said something. I dont think were turning into "hardcore feminists". Its just frustrating as a martial artist to be handled with kid gloves because we are women. And I can see how its frustrating for mean to deal with the women that are not as tough as those of us posting on the issue.

Men and women are very different, but that does not mean we cant benifit from sparring eachother.

EDIT: Shotokanwarrior : youre being pretty hard on the kid, he was just giving his opinion, and even admitted to being caught off gaurd by a tough female fighter. Dont shoot him up too bad k?

5. wrydolphin

Are we going to start all over again?!? :D

6. RubyMoon

RubyMoon New Member

And you guys thought we girls couldn't take as much punishment. Ha! Proved you wrong! ;)

7. TOMcatXENO

TOMcatXENO New Member

When sparring you should clear your mind about the other persons gender and just perform Unless you are a male against a female boy you best not hurt the gril or you are a bad man ,girls feel free to lay on the beat down but make sure you do not direct any hits below the belt

8. Tika

Tika New Member

what?

9. Omicron

Omicron is around.

LMAO!

I think what he meant was "Unless you are a male against a female. Boy, you best not hurt the girl".

10. TOMcatXENO

TOMcatXENO New Member

U got it Omicron lol

11. wrydolphin

Some how, the original interpretation sounded a lot more interesting. We might be able to sell tickets to that match!m ;)

12. Tika

Tika New Member

*giggles*

13. Bruce_Wee

Bruce_Wee New Member

i wouldn't know coz i haven't sparred any girls yet but when the situation comes i'm sure i will be able to handle it in a proper fashion...i hope :D
    oh btw this is gonna be cool i like it when someone writes a whole paragraph without using any punctuation because it looks very uneducated but it's also quite fun you got to guess where the sentence ends and which word follows which you get what i mean so c'mon people learn to use full stop so we can have a easier time reading your posts and avoid any misunderstanding so yeah this is the end of my post pheww

14. Mind Aflame

Mind Aflame New Member

My experiances seem to be the opposite to every one elses, I'm a guy and all the girls at blackbelt level who I've fought are bloodr vicious! It may just be that they have less control than the guys or they just conciously hit harder in drills. Seconly they do things guy's just don't, on a 'street fighting' course I went on you could tell all teh guys who had trained with this one girl (who shall remain nameless) that day because they all had long scratchmarks down their cheasts (including me) that didn't go away for about a month!

Explaining this was quite interesting for the next few weeks when changing for PE!

15. Tika

Tika New Member

Some girls really do ruin it for the rest of us :(.

Im sure many Black Belt women have a bit of a chip on their shoulder from being handled with kid gloves by a lot of men, and feel they have to go extra hard to prove themselves. Im not condoning it, but it seems like a good possibility. I got really lucky with my training partners :D, they always loved sparring with me. But maybe thats just due to my charming personality :D.

16. Mind Aflame

Mind Aflame New Member

I personaly don't mind that much, I'd rather they got stuck in and had a go than did it half-heartedly, i think everyone gets more out of it when it's done with feeling.

17. wrydolphin

Ding, Ding, Ding...
    We got a winner!

18. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

[​IMG]

19. Tika

Tika New Member

*gives Mind AFlame a big hug* :D

EDIT: deffinitely Mind Aflame not Mind Alame....oops

Last edited: May 20, 2004
  20. wrydolphin

Mind Aflame has suddenly become the most popular boy at MAP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.