Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfare

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by M Lambert, Apr 6, 2006.

1. M Lambert

M Lambert Fitness Consultant

Damn this is a quality game :D The Co-Op is excellent! I love the way it reflects what FIST aims to be when the Army is issued it too. Me and my mate spend many hours playing the co-op missions as its so tactical. The Ghost Recon series is by far my favorite series of games. I own this one on normal XBox and you can tell it is designed for the XBox 360, the XBox really doesnt have the technology to do this game justice graphics and speed wise.

Anyone else playing it? What do you think? There isnt much that can get me to post threads about videogames but this managed it :p

2. RR1

RR1 Man Who Would Be Pharoh

I have it on the Xbox.
    And i have to say I was pleasantly suprised. Ive never played a Ghost Recon game before but irather enjoyed this. It reminded me slightly of the old school rainbow six 3, well at least the online did. offline is ok but ur right the xbox cant do it justice.

3. Jon1983uk

Jon1983uk Valued Member

I'm one of the few that just didn't 'get' GRAW to be honest. The graphics are great, but the A.I. and slow-paced gameplay irritated me slightly.

I love Rainbow 6, I don't play on Live much anymore but Rainbow Six 3 got me to buy the thing in the first place for my original 'Box. They're both 'serious' games with slow-paced, tactical shooting but I just find alot more joy in Rainbow to be honest.

GRAW isn't a bad game certainly though, I just found it a bit sluggish and tedious at times. Though I don't enjoy many online games with strangers anyway to be fair, so I may be a bit premature in my decision. :)

4. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

my house mate has just bought a 360 and i've been watching him play on line with it. He's got the head set so he's chattin away barking orders and getting into it bless...

i'm jealous but he's going away on holiday tomorrow for a week! *evil laugh*

5. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

the xbox version isnt made by the same people as the 360 version. infact they are two completely different games.

i have only played the 360 version and it is amazing. they have crossed the shooting elements of the other ghost recons with the strategic elements of full spectrum warrior to make one hell of a game :D

6. Talyn

Talyn Reality Hacker

XBox 360: http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B000BLHMQS.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
    PS2: http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B0009RF7YS.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
    PC: http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B0009RF7Y8.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
    XBox: http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B0009RF7YI.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

They all look like they're made by Ubisoft :D

The problem with the co-op is that it isn't part of the regular campaign (and if it is, I must've set it up wrong...), and you don't get the third person view, which makes the peeking round corners irritating.

The thing I particularly love about this game is that unlike a lot of shoot-em-ups you see nowadays (Timesplitters, Unreal, etc), it's not a frantic, fast-paced game, and you actually get time to think about how you're going to approach a situation, and unlike those same games, it's much more realistic. The graphics on the 360 are absolutely awesome as well, though the refresh rate in multiplayer can be a tad sluggish.

7. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

thats right, but if you read a little deeper you will see that the xbox version is made by ubisoft shanghai, not the red storm/ubisoft paris collaberative that have made all the previous GR games and the 360 version!

so there :D

8. Talyn

Talyn Reality Hacker

Yeah, you have too much free time and too much crap to whinge about :D

9. hunter_kaval

hunter_kaval The Ronin

Im in the middle I like it but I dont think its anything revelotionary its basicly an update in the ghost reacon series (throught the grapic are sweet on the 360). I can understand why some people would like this so much if you were really into the first games and like I said I liked the previouse games but I didnt like them as much as some people.

For example it s not like they radicaly changed the gameplay some how like Bungie did with Halo and Halo2.